Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

1 Jack McGrath
    2 Ed Byrne
    3 Brian Byrne
    4 Mick Kearney
    7 Sean O'Brien
    9 Luke McGrath
    10 Ross Byrne
    11 Adam Byrne
    12 Jimmy O'Brien
    13 Tom O'Brien
    14 Dave Kearney
    15 Rob Kearney

Think it's fill in the blanks from there.

I've always said Barry and Tom Daly would make teak tough loose forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I've always said Barry and Tom Daly would make teak tough loose forwards

Conor OBrien could be a n8

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Nah I'm pretty comfortable with that description and am happy to stand over it.

He's a far superior athlete to Dave Kearney or Ferg McFaddan but I'd pick either of them over him because they have a much more physical game which often matters more in a tight game than having good speed or being dominant in the air - Andrew Trimble against the All Blacks in Chicago would be the epitome of that, easily the slowest back 3 on the pitch, but out played his opposite numbers.

With Byrne - it's not just his tackling, he stands off the breakdown also and I can't ever recall him having a dominant clear out or securing our own ball as first to the breakdown. It's an extremely tough sport and he doesn't appear to relish the physical side of things. In comparison to the players around him that makes him a bit soft in my book.

Quite an arrogant opinion to have touting for 2 of your players (McFadden and Kearney) over Byrne and then calling him soft. I’ve seen your players do questionable ethical things over the years and they try to overshadow that by starting fights on the field and putting in big hits and also pulling injuries to allow their younger counterparts get game time. It’s sickening what I’ve seen from your players over the years. You’re in no position to question a players hardness. Perhaps if your players were targeted in training and softened up the shoe might be on the other foot. It would be nice to see the smirk wiped off some of your players faces. In fact I think I might put word out to single out your players now. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Heymans wrote: »
    Nah I'm pretty comfortable with that description and am happy to stand over it.

He's a far superior athlete to Dave Kearney or Ferg McFaddan but I'd pick either of them over him because they have a much more physical game which often matters more in a tight game than having good speed or being dominant in the air - Andrew Trimble against the All Blacks in Chicago would be the epitome of that, easily the slowest back 3 on the pitch, but out played his opposite numbers.

With Byrne - it's not just his tackling, he stands off the breakdown also and I can't ever recall him having a dominant clear out or securing our own ball as first to the breakdown. It's an extremely tough sport and he doesn't appear to relish the physical side of things. In comparison to the players around him that makes him a bit soft in my book.

Quite an arrogant opinion to have touting for 2 of your players (McFadden and Kearney) over Byrne and then calling him soft. I’ve seen your players do questionable ethical things over the years and they try to overshadow that by starting fights on the field and putting in big hits and also pulling injuries to allow their younger counterparts get game time. It’s sickening what I’ve seen from your players over the years. You’re in no position to question a players hardness. Perhaps if your players were targeted in training and softened up the shoe might be on the other foot. It would be nice to see the smirk wiped off some of your players faces. In fact I think I might put word out to single out your players now. Thanks

"Your" players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I've been posting here a long time and that is the maddest thing I've ever read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

1 Jack McGrath
    2 Ed Byrne
    3 Brian Byrne
    4 Mick Kearney
    7 Sean O'Brien
    9 Luke McGrath
    10 Ross Byrne
    11 Adam Byrne
    12 Jimmy O'Brien
    13 Tom O'Brien
    14 Dave Kearney
    15 Rob Kearney

Think it's fill in the blanks from there.

Jordi Murphy and Dominic Ryan would go a long way if we had either back.

:D

So you are saying Kearney and McFaddan are mine ?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

errlloyd wrote: »
    Jordi Murphy and Dominic Ryan would go a long way if we had either back.

Josh Murphy is just one more reason why Jordi should have stayed, it would make this a lot easier

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well I went to the RDS last night fully expecting a loss, and hoping or a bonus point. But wow, who could have expected that????? It was great to see the youngsters perform so well, but Ospreys were awful - they were missing a pile of players, but still had some experience there. It's really disappointing - Leinster could have the conference sewn up by February, which is not good for the Pro14. What on earth has happened to Ospreys?

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I don't really know what to say about this post.

Don't post this sort of crap again.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    I don't really know what to say about this post.

Don't post this sort of crap again.

I was red carded for a week once for saying Jennings was a better player than Seán O’Brien. I believe it was either you or Zzippy who did so. Can we not keep up those standards and red card Venjur for saying McFadden and Kearney are better than Byrne and then calling him soft?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

What age are you? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

2nc7jm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

The sustained attack on the poor ex clongowes men continues. What a bizarre post that was

Bridge93 wrote: »
    The sustained attack on the poor ex clongowes men continues. What a bizarre post that was

He was the one who said Kearney and McFadden. Why not Larmour as well? In short I’m only defending Byrnes commitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Because he’s clearly talking about players who have been regularly lambasted for their lack of athletic ability but find a way to be effective in spite of perceived disadvantages be they size, power, pace etc. Larmour is not in that bracket he’s a superb natural athlete

For what it’s worth I don’t think Byrne is soft, that’s unfair. I just don’t think he’s very good outside what what was naturally given to him

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Because he’s clearly talking about players who have been regularly lambasted for their lack of athletic ability

Nah mate - Larmour just aint one of 'mine'...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Wow :eek::eek:

I'm honestly not sure what to make of any this. You clearly have a burning grievance about something, but as usual in my life, everyone else probably knows exactly what you are talking about while I am the only eejit in the room who is out of the loop.

Could some kind soul please enlighten me what the above refers to?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

mangobob wrote: »

I'm honestly not sure what to make of any this. You clearly have a burning grievance about something, but as usual in my life, everyone else probably knows exactly what you are talking about while I am the only eejit in the room who is out of the loop.

If it makes you feel better I too have no idea what any of this is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

You’re certainly not the only one and trying to make sense when none exists is a fools errand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Looks to me like Frankie Sheahan and Venjur have some sort of cartel, quango if you like. Full to the brim with Allan Quinlan types.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Adam Byrne is brave when performing tasks he is good at (aerial contests, carrying) and tentative when performing tasks he struggles with (tackling, rucking).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I don’t think Byrne is soft, but he seems to lack confidence. His decision making in defence is always very hesitant.

salmocab wrote: »
    If it makes you feel better I too have no idea what any of this is about.

Was directed at me and I haven't a rashers!

Was directed at me and I haven't a rashers!

Course you don’t. That’s all the fun about anonymous posting we can call out impartial posters for their supposed impartiality or lack of. Your online persona doesn’t have a rashers but the real you is LACED with guilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

LACED with guilt.

Absolutely LACED.

Course you don’t. That’s all the fun about anonymous posting we can call out impartial posters for their supposed impartiality or lack of. Your online persona doesn’t have a rashers but the real you is LACED with guilt.

IT'S TRUE.

I ADMIT IT.

I'm on the payroll of POSHO. Private Only Schools Hoodwinking Online, a secret society with the sole purpose of bigging up... *some* players MUAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Conan arm in sling I think 😫

Yeah he took a knock and was in discomfort. Came straight off - doesn't look good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭scott1974

Yeah he took a knock and was in discomfort. Came straight off - doesn't look good.

Looks like he might be put for a while.. dislocation maybe??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement