Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

stinkycat wrote: »
    One of the requirements is to bring a reference from your previous employer which covers the last 3 years. I have been employed by my current employer for 5 years ~ will they accept a reference from an older employer in this situation?

I would ring them to clarify

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

That was quick with interview dates !!!! 8th may for me. Interview at 9.50 etray at 3 ...long day

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

AngelaG wrote: »
    That was quick with interview dates !!!! 8th may for me. Interview at 9.50 etray at 3 ...long day
    You'll be able to head off for a bit in between. I had about an hour. So I went and got a cuppa and a snack in a café and read over my competencies etc. You seems like you have much longer in between though. :-(

Mine are pretty close together. Stray 10:40-12:30 and interview at 1:30

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bunty7

I have interview at 11.50 and e-tray at 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Shelby16

Can anybody advise what format the interview takes, I have never done an open / interdepartmental interview for EO. I did an internal interview for EO in 2015 and we had to fill out a form detailing our ability in the key areas of people management, analysis and decision making, delivery of results, interpersonal and communication skills and drive and commitment.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm in at 9 am on Tue the 2nd with e-tray a few hours later. Nerves have kicked in big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Borboleta81

Hi all,
    I'll need to get my reference letter professionally translated into English. Does anyone know if documents such as reference letters can just be certified by the translating company or if they need to be notarised too?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Alonso77

When they say educational qualifications do they mean the actual degree/Masters certificate or the results from all college yrs?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ros260

It is interesting to compare the amount of time given to complete the application form and the amount of interview notice given for the interview date for the regional batch compared to the rush job for the dublin batch. You would imagine the reason was that the wanted a Dublin batch completed quickly, given the long wait for the results this clearly is not the case.

HPatricia wrote: »
    Saw this job advertised and applied on a whim. Been half arsing it all the way through and have gotten to the interview stage. I came on this to find the info booklet. But now looking at the 'eligibility' section I'm starting to get worried. I have a crap leaving cert, and a secretarial course (not FETAC recognised) under my belt. Am I totally wasting my time??? (I also have 10+ years as Grade IV Clerical Officer in the private sector).

Why would you go through all the stages and not bothering checking if you are qualified? What ever about wasting your own time I would be more worried about the persons place you took from going through to the supervised test and the persons place you took going through the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Caroleia

stinkycat wrote: »
    One of the requirements is to bring a reference from your previous employer which covers the last 3 years. I have been employed by my current employer for 5 years ~ will they accept a reference from an older employer in this situation?

hi I emailed them with a similar query, they got back to say a reference from 2010 would be fine.. they were very quick getting back as well

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Caroleia

Hi all,
    I'll need to get my reference letter professionally translated into English. Does anyone know if documents such as reference letters can just be certified by the translating company or if they need to be notarised too?

Thanks in advance.

I doubt you'd need it notarised at this point - possibly they would require that at the point where they are offering you a job - best if you email them though, they are quick to respond

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MissDaytona

I graduated in autumn and applied for the EO position straight away, I got my dates for the interview today but I'm worried because I've only ever done voluntary work and that was during secondary school. Anyone know what I should do about the employer reference? This post was advertised for graduates so maybe other people are in my position? I have an evaluation sheet that I was given at the end of one of my voluntary work projects should I bring that? Or should I bring a reference letter from a professor or teacher instead? Also is the educational documentation supposed 2 be a copy of my actual LC results and degree or a transcript from the uni? (If so I'm worried because even though I got a 2:1 I had some ups and downs. Feeling genuinely worried right now!!!)

I graduated in autumn and applied for the EO position straight away, I got my dates for the interview today but I'm worried because I've only ever done voluntary work and that was during secondary school. Anyone know what I should do about the employer reference? This post was advertised for graduates so maybe other people are in my position? I have an evaluation sheet that I was given at the end of one of my voluntary work projects should I bring that? Or should I bring a reference letter from a professor or teacher instead? Also is the educational documentation supposed 2 be a copy of my actual LC results and degree or a transcript from the uni? (If so I'm worried because even though I got a 2:1 I had some ups and downs. Feeling genuinely worried right now!!!)

I just brought the scroll to my interview and it did the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 KneonK

Congrats to new batch,

Most questions should have been answered previously and I suggest scrolling back. Ill do a summary for some of you though:

General consensus is that degree scroll and original on the day is fine. I myself did not bring a transcript of my results, the degree award should speak for itself. Some people did bring transcripts, i'm sure it didn't hurt either.

The interview is competency based so is very straight forward to prepare for; you will have a certain amount of time really per competency to answer some straight-forward and not so straight forward questions. Do your homework for this, grab examples from school etc if necessary, they are absolutely fine.

They will ask you about what you put on the application form to some extent so know your examples well and how they tie into each competency.

And then prepare for the most god awful wait for results :/ 4 weeks here and counting! :pac: o o o o o

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

Mine are pretty close together. Stray 10:40-12:30 and interview at 1:30

I have the same times as you :) I'm glad there isn't too much of a gap between the e-tray and the interview!

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    I have the same times as you :) I'm glad there isn't too much of a gap between the e-tray and the interview!

Same! Was thinking just enough time to grab a quick bite and read over competency examples again before heading back in. I only did CO interview in October and because of train times I was waiting around Dublin for like three hours before my time and it gave me way too much time to over think!! What regions have you picked?

KneonK wrote: »
    And then prepare for the most god awful wait for results :/ 4 weeks here and counting! :pac: o o o o o

4 weeks today for me too. And we've another possible ten days to wait if they have them out by the end of April!

Here's hoping that the regional ones aren't waiting as long. It's hell! Best of luck with interviews and etrays everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PDX2017fdsa

Hi,
    Just reading through this thread and people are talking about competencies. The last forms I filled in were in relation to my educational background, I didn't notice any sections asking for competencies. Have I screwed up and missed a massive section?

Worried
    Pat

Same! Was thinking just enough time to grab a quick bite and read over competency examples again before heading back in. I only did CO interview in October and because of train times I was waiting around Dublin for like three hours before my time and it gave me way too much time to over think!! What regions have you picked?

Exactly! Yeah it would be a dose hanging around. I can't book my train yet cos Irish Rail are updating their booking system and not taking bookings beyond the 4th. It'll be back on Monday.
    I only applied for Cork, how about you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Hi,
    Just reading through this thread and people are talking about competencies. The last forms I filled in were in relation to my educational background, I didn't notice any sections asking for competencies. Have I screwed up and missed a massive section?

Worried
    Pat

Nope it was just educational background and work history with just duties. Nothing to worry about competencies will be brought up at the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Four weeks today for me too! I can't believe we might have another weekend to get through for the results.

If it's over and I'm out I just want to know and move on :(

Just as a matter of interest did many people only pick one county when the were choosing there location

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

ros260 wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest did many people only pick one county when the were choosing there location

I only picked Dublin - can't afford to pay rent in Dublin AND commute out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

Does anyone one know if your ranking changes after etray and interview or do you just go on a panel at the number you're already at if you pass? Thanks :)

Naydy wrote: »
    Does anyone one know if your ranking changes after etray and interview or do you just go on a panel at the number you're already at if you pass? Thanks :)

Your ranking will be based on e-tray and interview. Previous rankings will be disregarded.

I only picked Cork, my house is here and I wouldn't be interested in commuting.

misslemon wrote: »

I only picked Dublin - can't afford to pay rent in Dublin AND commute out of it!

You are not to bad the majority of jobs are up there anyways. My 4 local counties are 4 of the smallest in ireland. I felt I had to pick dublin as one of my choices to get in the door. When thou it doesn't suit me at all

Sparkles27 wrote: »

I only picked Cork, my house is here and I wouldn't be interested in commuting.

Cool thanks for your reply

• Advertisement

I picked Dublin and Louth - I live in North Dublin but could commute to Louth. I'd be thinking that's it's away from the traffic so it wouldn't be too bad. Also I'm near the train so could commute up that way too. I was thinking of Meath and Wicklow but you'd have to battle through traffic (M50 Eugh!) each morning. Wicklow wouldn't be too bad on the DART though. Hopefully I'll get Dublin! (Hopefully I'll get on the panel!!!!!!)

Advertisement