Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,153 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Call me cynical, but I just don't see any major US corporation doing something good for its own sake. They'll have crunched the numbers on this, and predicted that the resulting goodwill amongst liberals will outweigh the backlash from conservatives. The mood on gun control is slowly changing in the US, and all you need to see are how how young people are responding to this latest tragedy to know that something will eventually happen. Dick's can now claim they were the first to act. It's a very long term play.

Cynical as I may be, I'm still happy to see this happen. It's a positive development for sure.
    Dick's aren't primarily a gun seller, although they have a range of stores under the 'Field and Stream' brand name. So 'assault-type' rifles wouldn't be a huge part of their business. It's probably true to say that they've looked at the numbers and decided they can do without the business. And they will get the liberal market coming into their store to buy their golf bats etc.

But it absolutely is a statement. And it's aimed directly at legislators.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I can use the USB cable to wire it, by my desktop has no WiFi card because cable is king!

It's just annoying, I wanna flick on Netflix and enjoy the evening, but that would rinse my data.

I actually use a USB wireless receiver and it works really well. My PC hasn't been ethernet'd in years but I still have <70 ping in most major titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Beast of the East claims it's first casualty. Little one was running around the back garden then fell and sliced open her hand on my work materials. Stitched and hand in a cast to stop it moving.
    Came from work under strict instructions to make a fuss and show my concern.

Me..."is that the hand you wipe your bum with?"

• Administrators Posts: 53,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

mfceiling wrote: »
    Beast of the East claims it's first casualty. Little one was running around the back garden then fell and sliced open her hand on my work materials. Stitched and hand in a cast to stop it moving.
    Came from work under strict instructions to make a fuss and show my concern.

Me..."is that the hand you wipe your bum with?"
    Does your wife know yet? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Ohhhhhhh noooooooooo, I've just been told to stay at home tomorrow.

On my way to the pub as we speak :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

We got an email earlier saying if we had a laptop to work from home and if we wanted to come in building security isn't working tomorrow so to let ourselves in and be gone by 3pm. I feel appreciated ...

Bazzo wrote: »
    Ohhhhhhh noooooooooo, I've just been told to stay at home tomorrow.

On my way to the pub as we speak :D

Misses arrived home from work with a bottle of whiskey under her arm. 4 day weekend tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Misses arrived home from work with a bottle of whiskey under her arm. 4 day weekend tbh.

Sure, but what are you going to drink tomorrow?

awec wrote: »
    Does your wife know yet? :pac:

She had to bring her to hospital. I got a bollocking.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

She had to bring her to hospital. I got a bollocking.

No craft beer for you tonight

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Anyone know how to get poo stains off carpet? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Lift carpet.
    Lay wood/laminate/tile flooring.
    Burn carpet.

Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

That fetish of your's! Seriously, you have a kid. Tone it down.

Of all the days. Of ALL the days for our boiler to get a fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

With Dicks stopping the sale or assault rifles maybe things will finally start to change in terms of gun culture in America......

......Maybe not

https://twitter.com/AP_Images/status/968938936973365255?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Slipped off your chest?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Walked 4k to work in a foot of snow this morning.

You lazy ass Irish.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Biological washing powder

They breed them hardy...or thick down in Kerry

They breed them hardy...or thick down in Kerry

I'll go with thick.

Apparently the holes in the sides of crocs are to let your self-esteem seep out.

• Advertisement

I'll go with thick.

Apparently the holes in the sides of crocs are to let your self-esteem seep out.

I hear ak has 6 pairs?

:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Relax people, the Disney store on Grafton Street is open.

Is it too early to start drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I ran out of coffee, so I hope not

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Of all the days. Of ALL the days for our boiler to get a fault.

I think awec has a carpet going if you're looking for stuff to burn to stay alive...

dregin wrote: »
    Relax people, the Disney store on Grafton Street is open.
    But they've run out of this: :eek:

image_b349f970.jpeg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

If your heating is on the fritz then how else are you supposed to stay warm?!

Hot jameson please.

Zzippy wrote: »
    I think awec has a carpet going if you're looking for stuff to burn to stay alive...

Got it going quick enough, even with heat on and fire going, parts of the house still chilly. Mad weather!

Got it going quick enough, even with heat on and fire going, parts of the house still chilly. Mad weather!
    Back during the big freeze in late 2010, we had a power cut for two days. That was cold. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I thought the fridge was broken this morning, then I realised it was just that my kitchen was the same temperature as it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement