Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Eat your hearts out fake cheerleaders for democracy. President Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin by virtue of his immense popularity with Russian people will be a helm of of the only true counterbalance to neo-imperialist banksterism for many years to come. Glory to Mother Russia, the last hope for western civilisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Good time to be in the ol' 27 club.

I'm sure certain other European countries would find themselves voting in line with Vlads interests if we weren't all in the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

If I had to choose a world dominated by the USA or by Russia/China it would be the USA every time.

That is because you dont live in any of the 50+ countries that the US has either invaded, bombed or helped to install dictators to supress democracy since the end of World War 2. Theres only one country on this planet that is the biggest threat to world peace and it sure as hell isnt Russia or China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Uboat wrote: »
    This video is not even from today's election.

Source?
    Gringo180 wrote: »
    George W Bush doesnt think so. He was elected as US president with half a million votes less than Al Gore.

Didn’t Trump get elected with 3 million less votes than Hillary. You do know how the US election system works don’t you?

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Source?

Didn’t Trump get elected with 3 million less votes than Hillary. You do know how the US election system works don’t you?

Check the upload date on the video

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Plenty more videos here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gulay_Pole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Why would Putin even bother to rig an election?
    I would bet my last cent that those videos are staged by anti Putin provocateurs. The fact that the BBC had it lined up within an hour or two of polls closing is a clear indication that its staged and well prepared.
    How can it be proved that Putin's name is even on those ballot papers? It can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

How can it be proved that Putin's name is even on those ballot papers? It can't.

Because he can

Who else would it be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Putin fix election NEVER!

He is honest man!

He keep the gays out of Russia!

The Europe is gay perverts!

I loves President Putin!

Not in gay way - in way of manly respect for honest patriot hero who topless ride on horse!

All Glorys to Russia and President Putin!

I is real Irish person!

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »

Who else would it be
    Planet Gatling 'evidence'. :D

How the yanks must long for the good old days. Sore losers.
    https://off-guardian.org/2018/02/19/yanks-to-the-rescue-times-not-so-secret-story-of-how-american-advisers-helped-yeltsin-win-the-1996-presidential-election/
    I is real Irish poster!
    I is real Irish person!
    ok, we get the joke.

Planet Elmer 'evidence'. :D

So you ask a question and cry when you get an answer ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I decided to put a screenshot of 'Off Guardian' on here to give everyone an example of it.

offguardian.png

...seems legit :pac: !Totally, definitely not a propaganda network. And in no way whatsoever does it resemble a tonne of those fake news sites that popped up during the run up to Brexit or the 2016 US election.

I have to give them a hats off for their use Photoshop to heavily desaturate those images though. Broody, menacing, and does an exceptional job at tickling the old fear centres in the brain. Perhaps they could have tilted the angle of the frame a little to really set off the paranoia, but I guess they figured that a little too 'on the nose' even for

So this got me a bit interested, and I decided to see what this propaganda operation was about. If all of these fake news sites have taught me one thing, it's that it's pretty easy to spot their agenda using the search function. Naturally, the first thing I looked up was 'Putin' - here are the first 10 results that came up, with absolutely zero omitted or any 'selective process'.
    - Army document: US strategy to 'dethrone' Putin for oil pipelines might provoke WW3
    WATCH: Putin's FULL interview with Megyn Kelly on NBC
    - "We hates Putin... we hates him forever...": The Guardian's fresh ravings on Russia reflect West's tipping point into new levels of dangerous insanity
    - Five days after Putin's warning about the dangers of Western warmongering & this is where we are.
    - Mark Galeotti's response to Putin's plea for reason: lies & penis jokes
    - Putin warns of WWIII
    - WATCH: Vladimir' Putin's March 1 address to Russian Federal Assembly (with transcript)
    - Putin's message couldn't be clearer: The West needs to stop provoking a war we don't want & which no one can win.
    - WATCH: Vladimir Putin's Speechless Speech
    - WATCH: The Dutch Foreign Minister in 2016 lying about Putin to inflame fears of Russian invasion.
    Apart from the fact that they really, really, really want us to watch videos of Dear Glorious Leader speaking (I'll get back to this), it's clear as day that they are operating as a mouthpiece for him. The message this wants us to get is that everything Putin says is absolutely correct all of the time, and anyone who speaks against him is an immature, lying child who cannot be trusted. Which by no surprise, perfectly mirrors your posts.

So moving on from that, I decided to look up 'Theresa May' as a glorified Kremlin mouthpiece would be in full on assault mode over her right now, and lo-and-behold:
    - The Farcical reality behind Theresa May's "Novichok" story.
    - Skripal case: Theresa May now demands Russia prove itself innocent
    - May blatantly misleads Parliament about "terrorist" law
    - MSM trying damage control as May is Mocked all over social media.
    - General Election 2017 - the Tories "won" but spectacularly lost
    - Yes, there's a snap election in the UK
    - UPDATED: UK's "Novichok" claim exposed as lies: what is the current reality of the Skripal case?
    - Further signs of more war: a most dangerous game
    - WATCH: The Death of David Kelly, an open verdict
    - Does Skripal poisoning show the UK is just a punch & Judy sideshow for US interests?
    Literally nothing here but attempts to discredit to the extent that the same 'story' is being ran with different headlines to grab attention, calls of lies without backing them up, fake noise about "MSM conspiracy to defend May!!" when everyone knows she has been the biggest political media punching bag on the planet after Donald Trump for over a year now. Oh and sure f*** it, a story about how "Putin had nothing to do with David Kelly's death, you guys!!" story just lobbed in for the hell of it.

We had three videos of Putin talking, how come none here of May given that she has been on the news non stop for the last week and a half and for something purporting itself to be a play on the British 'Guardian' newspaper, as British Prime Minister, you would think that they would have some videos of her talking. But no... almost as if they don't want their audience to read anything that is not from Russian or Russian-friendly sources. Weird, that...

I decided to move on again and this time go for something else that Russia are highly involved in; the investigation into Donald Trump and Russian interference in the US election. Since he is the head of the investigation, I entered 'Mueller' as the search term and here is what was vomited back at me:
    - Mueller Indictments: truth v lies in "The Observer View"
    - The result of Mueller's investigation: Nothing.
    - Comment set free: The Mueller Indictment
    - Why Robert Mueller was Selected to be the Special Prosecutor
    - VIDEO: FBI Whistleblower exposes Special Council Mueller's Conflict of Interest.
    - WATCH: Putin's FULL interview with Megyn Kelly on NBC
    - Reality Check: The Guardian Restarts Push for Regime Change in Russia
    - The Coming War to End All Wars
    - The Washington Post's Shoddy Defense of the Russiagate Investigation
    - "Russian Hacking", a dangerous delusion

Again, I don't see anything here about Mueller, or anyone on his team, or any politicians, talking about the case. It's been the biggest global news story of the last 18 months... but no videos of people breaking down what the investigation etc is about? No videos on updates on their findings? Nothing? Well not quite nothing, because you'd better believe they've managed to squeeze another video of Putin talking into it!

Beyond that we're looking at the same efforts to talk about how it's all lies lies lies, attempts to discredit Mueller as having a conflict of interest (on a side note, funny how that ties into FOX and Trump's attempts to do the same - also Mueller is a Republican), attempts to discredit media sources like the Washington Post, and overall attempts at gaslighting with it all being "a dangerous delusion".

So on I went again, and decided to check out what their results for 'Magnitsky' were. After all it was Sergei Magnitsky who was investigating corruption around Putin and who was arrested for this and conveniently murdered in prison that led to the Magnitsky Act which has been a huge inconvenience for Putin's money-laundering operations.
    - The Magnitsky case: another example of manipulation in western media war against Russia
    - Who is assassinating former MI6 Assets on British Soil?
    - Gaslighting about the realities of "state-sponsored murder"
    - Russian election 2018: Why Navalny with 2% support & a criminal conviction is the West's 'only' opposition to Putin
    - #blameputin continues to be media's dominant hashtag
    - Putin's ultimatum to US (w/ VIDEO)

I couldn't find 10 articles on this on the website... weird. For a website obsessed with all things Putin you would think this would be one of the bigger running stories? Instead, they seem to have almost no interest in talking about it whatsoever other than to say "it totally wasn't Putin or Russia who did this, nothing to see here now move along!'

And one completely out of place to discredit his election rival, though that doesn't really matter since Putin had him arrested before the election took place anyway. I guess it's only right to arrest someone when they force the Kremlin to threaten blocking Youtube and Instagram from the entire country in order to hide their own criminal affairs, eh? ;)

Oh, but you better believe that despite not even managing to return 10 results they managed to squeeze yet another "listen to Vlad" video. Can't miss a good opportunity to spread 'the good word of Dear Leader' I guess.

At this point it was beyond clear that the website was a complete farce, so I figured I would search 'Ireland' just for the craic to see what came up...
    - GLADIO: GLOBAL - Gangs & Counter Gangs in Europe, Northern Ireland, Iraq, Syria
    - WATCH: Former UK Ambassador to Syria on how imperialism is being redefined as a liberal idea
    - BOOK REVIEW: Russian against the rest: The post-cold war crisis of world order
    - Dicken's A Christman Carol: Cosy seasonal tale of passionate condemnation of unfettered capitalism?
    - NATO - The Tool of European Neo-Fascism and the Pope's "Blessed Silence"
    - It Hurts When Empires Fall
    - The Rohingya Psyops: Waging Covert War on Myanmar
    - Mexican Standoff Goes Nuclear, US Politicians Criminally Insane
    - The Nations that Accept Nazism Today (which apparently includes Ireland)
    - NO LEAVE to REMAIN
    Holy sh*t, you heard it here first folks: the Troubles were a NATO conspiracy!!! :eek:

Somehow we managed to sneak through the cracks and avoid a video of Dear Leader sending us his messaging or a video of someone else yammering on about how great Dear Leader is, though. Instead, we're got stories about how US politicans are criminally insane and after nuclear war (not Dear Leader Friend Trump though, just those opposed to him ironically by complete coincidence I'm sure!), how the whole world is against poor, innocent Russia because by jaysus that angle needs to be fit in everywhere, no matter if we've got space for a video of Uncle Vlad or not, the dangers of decadent capitalism, and of course how "liberals" are big, bad imperialists.

Oh yeah, and Ireland as recently as 2014 supports Nazism sure didn't ya know, Elmer?

What next? How about 'Messi'? As in Lionel Messi, the world renowned footballer with almost no involvement in politics nor anything to do with the US or Russia beyond playing the occasional CL away game (or WC games this summer) in one, and the occasional preseason friendly in the other. What would show up if I searched for something as utterly innocuous and unrelated to any of this stuff as 'Messi'? And so off I went...
    - Gaslighting about the realities of "state-sponsored murder"
    - VIDEO: Rethinking Putin: a talk by Prof. Steven F. Cohen
    - On Inauguration Day 2017 - A Reevaluation of Terms
    - The Elective Affinities of Hillary Clinton
    - The Great Leap Backward: America's Illegal Wars on the World
    - Did the UK Independent actually say democracy isn't working?
    - A World War Has Begun: Break the Silence
    - The Making of a Christian Taliban in Ukraine
    Well sweet Jesus Elmer, they managed to get more stories here than they did about the murdered Sergei Magnitsky who was investigating corruption at the time of his murder!

Naturally though, they've got fuck all to do with what I searched for. Instead we've got stories of how "US is good deep long friend now with long friend time neighbour Trump at helm of throne', of how "damnit Hillary!!!!!!!!!!", attempts to discredit western media, of how there is now a World War going on (funny how that pops up quite frequently too, regardless of what is searched for), "a Christian Taliban in Ukraine" - phew, good thing Putin came to the rescue in Crimea before they managed to establish a Caliphate I suppose!, oh and of course about how Russia is totally innocent of any murders and the obligatory "Dear Leader Putin is Great" video thrown in for good measure.

Of course that is 100% expected of a fake news propaganda site like that, and this particular one isn't really even trying to hide it. No matter what you ask of it's search function, it appears the answer is always "EU bad, NATO worse, MSM worst, Russia good, Kremlin better, Putin best and infallible HERE WATCH THIS VIDEO!"

To be blunt about it Elmer, if you're not an actual paid shill/troll you're a remarkably 'useful idiot' for spreading their propaganda for them free of charge. The consistency of it is remarkable as well, and I know for a fact if you respond to this it will amount to 'yeah whatever not listening' or 'whatabout...'

TLDR: When a 'news' website obsessed with all things Russia (but only in a positive light) returns more search results for 'Messi' than it does for 'Magnitsky', none of which have to do with Messi but pro-Kremlin talking points (and warnings of The Troubles being a NATO conspiracy and Ireland being pro-Nazi as of 2014), you can be sure you're reading Kremlin propaganda and being made a useful idiot of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

5uspect wrote: »

Videos are interesting and on the face of it do look like voter fraud. We have to find out what part of Russia these people are casting their vote.

What I find is suspicious about all those videos the people working there surely are aware of the security cameras are watching the ballot boxes? I doubt Putin party would be this sloppy and allow themselves to be caught red-handed like this.

I would bet my last cent that those videos are staged by anti Putin provocateurs. The fact that the BBC had it lined up within an hour or two of polls closing is a clear indication that its staged and well prepared.

Women in this video are all wearing head scarfs I not sure if this is common head garment Russian women wear daily? Tatar region or a Muslim population centre in Russia?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gulay_Pole/status/975397656368439296/video/1

Videos are interesting and on the face of it do look like voter fraud.
    I doubt Putin party would be this sloppy and allow themselves to be caught red-handed like this.

And what do you think would actually happen to them supporting the fuhrer in his no competition allowed election

Gatling wrote: »
    And what do you think would actually happen to them supporting the fuhrer in his no competition allowed election

Putin would not like videos like this appearing on the internet if the election was fake. Every polling station has a security camera it looks like a very sloppy job. Don't you think the Russian government would confiscate the security tape if this was organised plan?

I decided to put a screenshot of 'Off Guardian' on here to give everyone an example of it.
    I noticed you ignored the link I posted earlier. I suppose that's propaganda?
    I like off-guardian ... end of .. Any source that exposes the "rebels" in Syria for the blood thirsty terrorists that they are is good enough for me.
    You stick to your sources and I'll stick to mine.

Russia bots NO wants war!

Only war Russia bots wants is war on grammar!

I is NO Russia bot!

I is real Irish!

I looked rugby Saturday!

Ireland GREAT VICTORY like GREAT President Putin!

I like off-guardian ... end of ..
    Of course you do, because as I said at this rate you're either a paid shill/troll or just a useful idiot that does for free what the Kremlin pays their own to do for them.
    You stick to your sources and I'll stick to mine.
    You keep rolling out fake news propaganda sites trying to convince us that Ireland supports Nazism as of 2014 and that The Troubles were a NATO conspiracy, and people will continue to point out that they're fake news propaganda sites, and all the whataboutism in the world won't change that.

• Advertisement

Reminds me of a certain viktor yanukovych who was a small time Ukrainian politician who never stood out as being a future president ,
    Until he was invited to meet Vladimir in Moscow and even gained a new degree from putins own fake university ,
    Promised Ukrainians a referendum on removing russian forces from Ukraine ,
    Somehow got elected and decided he was putins friend ,
    And the rest is history

I no belive people belive FAKE NEWS like Guardian, BBC, Washington Post, New York Times!

They is STUPID! They is PROPAGANDA!

OFF-GUARDIAN tells TRUTH! RT tells TRUTH! Sputnik tells TRUTH!

Magnitsky is TRAITOR! Litvinenko is TRAITOR! Trump is HONEST MAN like GREAT President PUTIN!

I like, I like!

No STUFFING in Russia DEMOCRATIC ELECTION!

Only STUFFING is CHRISTMAS DINNER!

Billy86 wrote: »
    Of course you do, because as I said at this rate you're either a paid shill/troll or just a useful idiot that does for free what the Kremlin pays their own to do for them.

You keep rolling out fake news propaganda sites trying to convince us that Ireland supports Nazism as of 2014 and that The Troubles were a NATO conspiracy, and people will continue to point out that they're fake news propaganda sites, and all the whataboutism in the world won't change that.
    I just want to make it clear that I will not be paying any attention to this kind of ranting and raving in future!

I just want to make it clear that I will not be paying any attention to this kind of ranting and raving in future!

But we have to put up with yours .

It's amazing how accurately nearly every single post of yours does nothing but follow the Internet Research Agency paid troll playbook. Like I said, if you are not one of them you are the walking definition of a 'useful idiot'.

You should go start a post about the NATO conspiracy that were The Troubles up north. Maybe you could find a video of Putin telling us how Great and Infallible Strong Leader he is to stick in the OP while you're at it.

It's amazing how accurately nearly every single post of yours does nothing but follow the Internet Research Agency paid troll playbook. Like I said, if you are not one of them you are the walking definition of a 'useful idiot'.

You should go start a post about the NATO conspiracy that were The Troubles up north. Maybe you could find a video of Putin telling us how Great and Infallible Strong Leader he is to stick in the OP while you're at it.

Sure Putin is paying him big bucks to spread Putin propaganda on an Irish forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's as if they think that the talking points coming out of the Russian IRA can't be followed in real time before they show up here.

It's worth pointing out that the pro-Putin posters here are likely not IRA shills. Most of them are just getting their news from Russian state media which describes itself as information warfare. Make of that what you will.

29388496_10160163402330593_6563048677869355008_n.jpg?oh=44f6652df3406b406e6539e9d4a5ac02&oe=5B299052

Sure Putin is paying him big bucks to spread Putin propaganda on an Irish forum.

More like paying thousands of employees to make sure the world gets furer Vladi is great and saviour of the free world message , while decrying conspiracies against the furer vlad .

It's not called the Troll factory for nothing

• Advertisement

You'll see I've already addressed that in the post you quoted.

I said recently it didn't make sense for boards to be a target, but several posters could not possibly sound any more like a Russian troll if they tried. My money is on 'useful idiot' in this case, but sure people were calling others tinfoil hatters for pointing out Russian trolls on social media and reddit with that "yeah, sure, the Kremlin pay people to post stuff online, rolleyes-go-here" reaction for the last several years, and it turned out to be exactly what they were up to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement