Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private to Public Sector

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Bull, 520 stamps is what you need and I'm calling bull on a public job promotion interview that is decided by private sector. OP you'll be marked the day you arrive from private sector as either (a) couldn't handle it in big bad world (b) sunshiner or (c) blow in potentially taking promotions from lifers.

With regard public service interviews. You're marked on the competencies that they discuss with you in the interview. You're given feedback after the interview on how you performed under each competency heading. None of these issues you listed are taken into account during public sector interviews.

It's quite obvious you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

fxotoole wrote: »
    With regard public service interviews. You're marked on the competencies that they discuss with you in the interview. You're given feedback after the interview on how you performed under each competency heading. None of these issues you listed are taken into account during public sector interviews.

It's quite obvious you haven't a clue what you are talking about.
    He has being offered the job why should care how he did in the interview.
    Take the ps job I think you said it was with a county council then flixi time is a no brainer

naughto wrote: »
    He has being offered the job why should care how he did in the interview.
    Take the ps job I think you said it was with a county council then flixi time is a no brainer

I was pulling up judeboy101 on his glaringly obvious ignorance on a topic he quite obviously has no idea about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

fxotoole wrote: »
    I was pulling up judeboy101 on his glaringly obvious ignorance on a topic he quite obviously has no idea about.

I see that now sorry chief

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

jess1984 wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a situation..one wouldn't say it's a bad one but I'm really stressed about it.
    I work in the private industry, it's a high pressure role. I work Christmas day, public holidays, weekends though my position is supposed to be Monday to Friday - 8 to 4, usually finish at any time up to 10 pm and could start at 0500 am. Trying to get vacation is tough, you have to find coverage. You are expected to provide coverage for others. Your expected to check your emails when you are off. In saying all this I do get paid well. But I'm always stressed and tired. Plus the 1 other person in my department in our Irish office stinks and drives me around the bend. Im with the company 8 years.
    I've now been offered a permanent position in a local authority. The work life balance would be amazing but my salary will drop by €12 k. I'm so stressed about this. I know money doesn't buy happiness but I'm literally getting sick about this decision. Has anyone been in a similar situation?
    Thanks for any advise.

I halved my salary when I joined the service 10 years ago and then had no promotion options until recently enough. Back then it was security over salary decision. It's worked out well though as I've been promoted 3 times since moratorium was lifted and am now an AP and earning a good bit more than I was in the private sector. But my private sector pension is still worth more than my supposedly gold plated CS one.

Hope that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

It is hard to know

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Also remember you can promoted easily enough on civil service by lying on your application and faking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Also remember you can promoted easily enough on civil service by lying on your application and faking it.

?

Wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Stupid post:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement