Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tintin67

Hopefully this 3 bedroom apartment in Dublin city centre is only being offered on a month-by-month basis because the council are looking to buy a 5 bedroom house for her in Foxrock as close to her new best pal Miriam O'Callaghan as possible, preferably right next door. It would be delicious.

Chinasea wrote: »
    This is a slap in the face to all the hard working responsible tax payers in this country.

We are losing valueable hardworking tax paying individuals (who are sponsoring Ms Cash's irresponsible dysfunctional lifestyle) from our workforce who simply cannot afford to live and work in our citities.

Last month alone in the company I work for, two long standing of 14 years plus in Ireland, left to go home to their country as they simply could not afford the high rent and cramped inferior living conditions.

This has caused anger and is yet another manifestation of the housing crisis. But let us not forget either the actions of groups of nimbyist snobs (also known as 'residents associations') who with the support of local politicians looking for votes, campaign to delay and block new housing developments in Dublin. Worried that their 'lovely views', the 'tone of the area' might be affected etc. Utter hypocrites. These pr*cks are far more responsible for the current problems IMO than Ms Cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Giz a free gaff boss

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Dannyriver wrote: »
    If you are Raising 7 kids you are working.

Hardly. If you're in a relationship where you're raising the 7 children, while your husband (or reverse the genders) is working to provide the income required... then she is working.

If you're long-term unemployed (and not seeking employment), with 7 children, single, ... then you're twisting the system to your own benefit. That's not working. That kind of behavior should be stamped out.

Effective parenting can be hard work.

However it is only contributing to society if the children grow into responsible hard working citizens.

There is zero chance this will happen at the moment and so therefore she should not be so lavishly rewarded.

The parents struggling to get two kids back to school, yeah they should be but not the me me me class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Hardly. If you're in a relationship where you're raising the 7 children, while your husband (or reverse the genders) is working to provide the income required... then she is working.

If you're long-term unemployed (and not seeking employment), with 7 children, single, ... then you're twisting the system to your own benefit. That's not working. That kind of behavior should be stamped out.

Raising 7 children means you are working regardless of whether you are single /married . Circumstances do not change this fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

She's all set up now to plop out 7 more.
    God bless Irish Lefties

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

We need a Government of centre right with an overall majority right now. Charlie H, remember him? before anyone gets in straightaway!

Seriously, if we want reform, it is not going to happen with FF nipping at the heels and a mixum gatherum of indos opposing everything or demanding much more than their numbers allow.

if FG were if full power, this shyte would no longer happen, and the working person, those who get up early in the morning to contribute to society would get first dibs.

Time for change now, the pendulum has swung too far towards the leftie liberals. And every single media outlet either print, tv, radio or online is complicit in this sham.

Up the workers and contributers, we have rights too!

(tongue in cheek but there is a smidgin of truth there just the same).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Did anyone else develop a sneaking regard for Ms Cash from the Radio Interview earlier.
    The way soft-soap Miriam kept throwing her a bone and she'd just shoot it down.
    To paraphrase:

"So are you considering going back to work or education?"

An obvious cue to spin some total guff about an aspiration to study rocket science.

"No"

I had to laugh at that one.
    It reminded me of seeing Lowry or the Healy Raes at their most shameless.

Effective parenting can be hard work.

However it is only contributing to society if the children grow into responsible hard working citizens.

There is zero chance this will happen at the moment and so therefore she should not be so lavishly rewarded.

The parents struggling to get two kids back to school, yeah they should be but not the me me me class.

'Zero chance' Jaysus you re some man for the unequivocals

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Yes it is if you do it right and rear kids to be productive and self sufficient .,Parenting takes time and patience if you want to see a mature , independent , tax paying hard working child

ok glad we cleared that up

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    But it's only on a trial basis .

By the sounds of it they don't expect her to last ,I reckon we will be hearing about an eviction for antisocial behaviour and how it's not fair in the next few weeks or months.

And then she will ask where her house is

She’s got her eye on a boarded up 4 bedroom house in Clondalking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Just to highlight who pays for these people who won't work and are entitled to everything and to highlight my point on taxation earlier (everyone should pay something).

A worker on €120,000:
    Earns 6.7 times the amount of a person on €18,000 and pays over 83 times the amount of tax.
    Earns almost 4.8 times the salary of a person on €25,000 but pays 14.8 times the tax.
    Earns almost 3.4 times the salary of a person on €35,000 but pays 7.6 times the tax.

A worker on 18k pays just over €500 in tax

Income tax is not the only tax - it only makes up about 20-25% of state income.

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Did anyone else develop a sneaking regard for Ms Cash from the Radio Interview earlier.
    The way soft-soap Miriam kept throwing her a bone and she'd just shoot it down.
    To paraphrase:

"So are you considering going back to work or education?"

"No"

I had to laugh at that one.
    It reminded me of seeing Lowry or the Healy Raes at their most shameless.

Really ??? Jaysus so brazen

And her kids will turn out into hard working law abiding taxpayers??? And ill be cast as Kylie's arse double.

Raising 7 children means you are working regardless of whether you are single /married . Circumstances do not change this fact.

Waste of time trying to discuss anything with you.

"Circumstances do not change this fact"

LOL. Funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'd question your right to judge her and her kids.

Didn't judge her kids, get that right straight off the bat. However, it's my right to judge her as I'm paying for her gaff and her lifestyle and judge her I bloody well will. I work 12 hour days in a hostile environment looking after the worst and most dangerous in society. In the coming months, I'll be leaving the house when it's dark and coming back when it's dark. I'll be working Christmas Day. So don't you tell me I've no right to judge someone leeching off my hard work when she has never put in a graft in her life nor ever will. You make make me sick. It's your ilk excusing this, make no bones about that. I, like many other, take pride in actually earning a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Being a parent doesn't necessarily mean you are parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

And you're some man for wearing blinkers

na1 wrote: »
    Would you concern about financial and personal life difficulties the person had to overcome before he/she end up with 1,000,000 income?

In most cases it's a life choices:
    one person studies hard, works nights & weekends, do an internship while working etc
    another person has parties, drinks, living a careless live.
    And then you would say: tax the first person because he/she already rich and could afford 75% tax. And give that money to the second person because he/she is in financial difficulties and requires a state support.

A person who parties/drinks all the time has anything but a 'careless live' . Life expectancy in social welfare communities is much lower than in middle class/upper class communities. What do you think is happening everyone running around partying and laughing at the middle classes without a care in the world?

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'd question your right to judge her and her kids.

Didn't judge her kids, get that right straight off the bat. However, it's my right to judge her as I'm paying for her gaff and her lifestyle and judge her I bloody well will. I work 12 hour days in a hostile environment looking after the worst and most dangerous in society. In the coming months, I'll be leaving the house when it's dark and coming back when it's dark. I'll be working Christmas Day. So don't you tell me I've no right to judge someone leeching off my hard work when she has never put in a graft in her life nor ever will. You make make me sick. It's your ilk excusing this, make no bones about that. I, like many other, take pride in actually earning a living.

And whilst I think dealing with third level students is bad - your job leaves mine in the ha'penny place!!!!

Maybe not for you and your hero Blindboy, the great ultra feminist bag-headed one that he is. For us out here in the real world, it makes a difference. Earn your salt. No bother with anyone getting a helping hand when they need it. When they deserve it. When you're a glorified conveyor belt for kids with no intention of contributing anything ever... and I'm footing your bill, it makes a difference. A 3 Bed apartment in Dublin City? If I didn't laugh, I'd cry.

• Advertisement

Maybe you need a break from work then, you sound like someone who shouldn t be doing that kind work ...burnout happens to us all. Apologies in advance if I ve judged you unfairly.

erica74 wrote: »
    And you're some man for wearing blinkers

It's probably a Spar bag like his woke bae wears.

Maybe not for you and your hero Blindboy, the great ultra feminist bag-headed one that he is. For us out here in the real world, it makes a difference. Earn your salt. No bother with anyone getting a helping hand when they need it. When they deserve it. When you're a glorified conveyor belt for kids with no intention of contributing anything ever... and I'm footing your bill, it makes a difference. A 3 Bed apartment in Dublin City? If I didn't laugh, I'd cry.

Btw - bit of a check on Daft. Ie - cheapest 3 bed in city centre? Over 2 grand a month.

Btw - bit of a check on Daft. Ie - cheapest 3 bed in city centre? Over 2 grand a month.

A person who parties/drinks all the time has anything but a 'careless live' . Life expectancy in social welfare communities is much lower than in middle class/upper class communities. What do you think is happening everyone running around partying and laughing at the middle classes without a care in the world?

I don't know about you but I'm bloody working class. It means I work. That's what it used to mean. That's what it should mean. Having a job doesn't make you part of some social elite or upper echelon. F*ck this line of thinking. Tripe.

i think Cash might have the right idea because if being a working taxpayer means going through life with this much hatred and resentment pent up inside you, it can't be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Maybe you need a break from work then, you sound like someone who shouldn t be doing that kind work ...burnout happens to us all. Apologies in advance if I ve judged you unfairly.

The condescending nature of this post says a lot

I don't know about you but I'm bloody working class. It means I work. That's what it used to mean. That's what it should mean. Having a job doesn't make you part of some social elite or upper echelon. F*ck this line of thinking. Tripe.

if that were true then being unemployed would exclude a person from being working class. you know that not to be true. and if it ever was, it was a long long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

She’s got her eye on a boarded up 4 bedroom house in Clondalking.

Also on an end of terrace that the taxpayer could easily extend for her and her brood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I've heard loads of perfectly good parents - mothers, fathers - saying that parenting is massively hard work. that's a bit of a silly statement you've made.

It is hard work.

It's even harder when you have to go out to work every day to make sure there is a roof over their heads, clothes on their back and food on the table.

Not really a concern of Ms Cash who kept having children despite not having any way of funding this choice. But it's ok cause the state is there to pick up her tab.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement