Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two more victims of "unknown substance" in U.K.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This latest episode will quickly die down and will be dropped by a compliant media within a day or two and this thread will also go very quiet accordingly. (like the Salisbury 'third suspect')

His is Vladimir and he is currently living in Moscow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

wexie wrote: »

So either they didn't think they were going to get caught at all (which seems to be the consensus) or they were just sloppy.

That tends to be the case with the ones who get caught. The two guys from the Livinenko murder were incredibly sloppy as was Chepiga and his partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The West seems to be upping its propaganda war. Spies be spies.

It’s interesting what’s published and not published. Everybody spies on everybody. Only some become a cause celebre.

Lol. The not-so-subtle record change and attempted validation going on. From "Putin absolutely didn't have multiple people poisoned" to "Hey everyone does it"

That makes it okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Putin himself, on national television, said this guy wasn't GRU

It very much looks like he is GRU. Not only that, he received the "Hero of Russia" medal, an honour bestowed personally by Putin himself. So there is zero room for "error" or "mistake" there

If this was horse****, the real Chepiga would be all over Russian national TV right now saying "uh lol that's not me"

I know this might be an utterly impossible concept for you to process, but perhaps Putin is simply lying. Putin had the "scumbag" Skripals poisoned with nerve agent.

Why is the picture blurry though? It hard to make out if it's him or not. This the only one where the face is hard to make out.

In saying all that, the image on the wall is not likely fake. It was posted on Russian websites? Of course, hackers could have manipulated the photos, but that likely would have got spotted and images would have got pulled.

It's definitely interesting Russia is denying Chepiga exists. If he got this award for things he did in Ukraine. I can see now why he would target Skipral. Skipral was feeding information to Ukranian intelligence. This is just speculation on my part but if Skipral was providing information that was harming Russians in Ukraine he would be a target for the GRU.

It's definitely interesting Russia is denying Chepiga exists. If he got this award for things he did in Ukraine. I can see now why he would target Skipral. Skipral was feeding information to Ukranian intelligence. This is just speculation on my part but if Skipral was providing information that was harming Russians in Ukraine he would be a target for the GRU.

Come on don't be making stuff up

• Advertisement

By assertive, he means that Russia is engaging in international fúckery.

I'm not sure why you're so confused. If Russia engages in cyber fúckery against nato members, a response is to be expected. It's simple stuff, not some grand conspiracy.

US and UK are not involved in international ****ery as you put it? Arming jihadists in Syria? Russia is involved in a proxy war with the West. Who invited the UK AND US into Syria? Nato is supplying Ukraine with arms to kill Russians. It, not just one side doing all bad.

Blowback is not that surprising.

Gatling wrote: »
    Come on don't be making stuff up

A BBC journalist was having regular meetings with Skipral before the poisoning.

The book of the journalist BBC Mark Urban about the ex-Colonel of the GRU Sergey Skripale goes on sale on Thursday, October 4th. The Skripal Files book contains the most detailed history of Skripal’s cooperation with British intelligence, his exchange for Russian agents, and poisoning in Salisbury. We read this book before the official release.

Skripal himself never mentioned his contacts with the SBU. But according to Urban, the former Colonel of the GRU did meet with the Ukrainian counterintelligence officers.

Skripal may have advised the SBU on how exactly the Russian GRU can operate in the east of Ukraine, writes Urban. Moscow denies participation in the conflict.

If Skipral was selling information to the Ukrainians. And if Chepiga served in Ukraine. There your answer as to why Skipral would be targetted.

Nato is supplying Ukraine with arms to kill Russians. It, not just one side doing all bad.

NATO is what ,

Helping Ukraine defend itself from Russia ,you know the Russian military forces occupying parts of Ukraine illegally ,who invited russia into Ukraine?
    The same russians who shot down flight MH17 killing all onboard .

You talk some awful nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Deflection and hypocritical (you repeatedly demonstrate that you swallow Kremlin propaganda without question)

Second time asking - care to explain this situation?
    You're accusing me of swallowing propaganda!!
    If your media told you that Putin invaded the moon you would accept it without questioning it!

Meanwhile, the Chinese Government have made a statement that even you would agree with.
    “The international community already knows fully well who wantonly infringes upon others' sovereignty, interferes in others' internal affairs and undermines others' interests.”

This is just speculation on my part but if Skipral was providing information that was harming Russians in Ukraine he would be a target for the GRU.

Skripal was continuing to provide inside information to UK (and allies) that was more than reason enough to be a target

It's clear* they don't want to just kill these "traitors", they want to do it in as grotesque and high profile manner as possible that leaves no doubt it was the Russians doing it while sending a message to any other would-be leakers or spies

*Clear to anyone with a brain, not conspiracy theorists who ironically support a deep state that murders people at an alarming rate and covers it up with absurd propaganda

• Advertisement

NATO is what ,

Helping Ukraine defend itself from Russia ,you know the Russian military forces occupying parts of Ukraine illegally ,who invited russia into Ukraine?

Western establishment "evil"
    Therefore Russia good

This is the level we are dealing with here

These types of individuals who have this simplistic and highly flawed black/white world view are simply unable to process information which contradicts it

Again, Putin could stand in the centre of Red Square, with a gun, on camera, shoot someone in the head and they would defend him, why? because "look what the yanks did in Vietnam, they killed far more people, yadda yadda". It all comes back to that - they don't deny it either

Yes. The source is MIVD director Onno Eichelsheim. Your efforts here are very transparent.
    When the men were intercepted they tried to destroy one of the mobile phones they were carrying, Maj Gen Eichelsheim said.
    Utter BS! A holder of a diplomatic passport cannot be searched (Vienna Convention) all this guy had to do was put his phone in his pocket.
    If a holder of a diplomatic passport is expelled from a country they are given say 24-48 hours to get out, the conspiracy theory that they "forgot" their luggage is also BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

If a holder of a diplomatic passport is expelled from a country they are given say 24-48 hours to get out, the conspiracy theory that they "forgot" their luggage is also BS.

I'm not so sure that's the case. A diplomatic passport doesn't automatically grant you diplomatic immunity. Being an accredited (by the host country) diplomat grants you diplomatic immunity.

But I could be wrong on that.

In saying all that, the image on the wall is not likely fake. It was posted on Russian websites? Of course, hackers could have manipulated the photos, but that likely would have got spotted and images would have got pulled.

I posted these links earlier. These are from the academy where Chepiga trained and hosted on official Russian websites:

Here is the wall with Chepiga on it on it - http://dvoku.mil.ru/Multimedia/photo/list/46564/.

Here is his name listed on the academy's website - http://www.dvocu.ru/index/alleja_geroev/0-36

Chepiga exists and is in the GRU, according to the Russian military. Putin's spokesman was lying.

Utter BS! A holder of a diplomatic passport cannot be searched (Vienna Convention) all this guy had to do was put his phone in his pocket.

I guess Putin should lodge a formal complaint in that case.

Utter BS!

This is standard Alex Jones fare, breathlessly expressing personal incredulity at every possible detail in a vain attempt to discredit the event without explaining what really happened

Again, care to explain what really happened?

These men were on holiday together? (I heard the Hague, especially about the OPCW building is lovely in the spring)

Why doesn't the Kremlin have an explanation for this yet? (I'm refreshing RT, doesn't seem to be anything yet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

wexie wrote: »
    I'm not so sure that's the case. A diplomatic passport doesn't automatically grant you diplomatic immunity. Being an accredited (by the host country) diplomat grants you diplomatic immunity.

But I could be wrong on that.

From BBC today :
    Even though the men were travelling on diplomatic passports, they could still have been arrested because they were not accredited diplomats in the Netherlands.

So questions have been asked about the decision to send the suspects home immediately, rather than detain them

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45758316

I guess that takes care of the "It's not fair that they were arrested for criminal behaviour because of the Vienna Convention" narrative that's being pushed. That said, I'm impressed at how quickly it went from "lol, no proof" to "you think they would be so sloppy?" and then to "they should have been allowed to get away with it".

"There's no way that Russian operatives would have a taxi stub in their possession, I watch a lot of spy movies and that's never happened, so the whole story is bull****!!"

Is that how this personal incredulity thing works?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

US and UK are not involved in international ****ery as you put it? Arming jihadists in Syria? Russia is involved in a proxy war with the West. Who invited the UK AND US into Syria? Nato is supplying Ukraine with arms to kill Russians. It, not just one side doing all bad.

They are all involved in doing these things.

The issue is the pathetic attempts to clear Russia from this kind of behavior.

• Advertisement

I posted these links earlier. These are from the academy where Chepiga trained and hosted on official Russian websites:

Here is the wall with Chepiga on it on it - http://dvoku.mil.ru/Multimedia/photo/list/46564/.

Here is his name listed on the academy's website - http://www.dvocu.ru/index/alleja_geroev/0-36

Chepiga exists and is in the GRU, according to the Russian military. Putin's spokesman was lying.

Obviously here when Russia is claiming they could find any record of him they are covering up. So right now it looks like Boshirov is Chepiga. That can only change if Russia reveals another man to be Chepiga?

Skipral providing Intelligence to the UK or the US is why he was targetted never made any sense.

I think Chepiga connection to Ukraine and Skipral meetings with Ukraine intelligence probably was the reason the Russians went after this guy in the UK.

I see the russians said that they believe the US were operating an illegal Chemical weapons facility in Georgia ,

This comes after a statement said Georgia would join NATO as a full member in the next 6-10 years ,

Get the feeling another invasion and annexation is coming ,wait they already are in parts of Georgia

weisses wrote: »
    They are all involved in doing these things.

The issue is the pathetic attempts to clear Russia from this kind of behavior.

I don't think we trying to clear blame. Their thing called evidence that you should demand first even if you are right in the end.

There was no clear motive until recently.

Skipral brought this on himself he should have retired and lived peacefully. Instead, he was meeting Ukrainian intelligence and passing on information. That going to get you killed.

The only sympathy I have is for Skipral daughter and woman who died in the UK. Skipral is a traitor to his country. If an Irishman was selling secrets to a foreign government and this got Irish soldiers killed would you think the same?

NATO is what ,

They were already there pre-coup. Russia had a naval and army base in Sevastopol. How can you invade when Crimea had a special status relationship with Russia? All the Russian personnel at Sevastopol did is put on uniforms that had no insignia so it would not incite violence.

People in Ukraine rose up against the takeover. Russia may have sided with the rebels. The rebels they see themselves as Russians, who just happened to live in Ukraine after the fall of the Soviet Union.

Ukraine army was going to end that revolution but Russia decided to help the rebels defend themselves.

Putin did not order rebels in Ukraine to shoot down a commercial airliner. The plane flew over a war zone the pilots and airline made a serious mistake.

They were already there pre-coup. Russia had a naval and army base in Sevastopol. How can you invade when Crimea had a special status relationship with Russia? All the Russian personnel at Sevastopol did is put on uniforms that had no insignia so it would not incite violence.

People in Ukraine rose up against Russia

Putin did not order rebels in Ukraine to shoot down a commercial airliner.

All they did was force an illegal and not recognised vote under threats of military action -

Fact .

Rebels didn't shoot at flight MH17 killing all on board but russian military forces did shoot down flight MH17 killing all on board in Ukraine.

Russian military forces illegally operating inside the sovereign state of Ukraine shot down flight MH 17.

Fact .

No stop with the lies , propaganda and conspiracy theories

The plane flew over a war zone the pilots and airline made a serious mistake.
    The crew of MH17 were instructed to divert 200 miles further north from the normal flight path by Kiev air traffic control on July 17th 2014. There was no mistake made by the pilot or the airline.

All they did was force an illegal and not recognised vote under threats of military action -

Fact .

Rebels didn't shoot at flight MH17 killing all on board but russian military forces did shoot down flight MH17 killing all on board in Ukraine.

Russian military forces illegally operating inside the sovereign state of Ukraine shot down flight MH 17.

Fact .

No stop with the lies , propaganda and conspiracy theories

65 per cent of Crimea population identifies themselves as Russian (fact). The outcome would be the same. There was no threat of military action the 35 per of Ukrainians left can't change the outcome of a referendum. The Crimea people, the majority did not want to stay part of Ukraine.

Buk anti-aircraft battery was used by the Ukrainians and the Rebels. There no possible way to identify who fired it. It's a Soviet-made weapon platform, you don't need Russian trained personnel there to use it.

The crew of MH17 were instructed to divert 200 miles further north from the normal flight path by Kiev air traffic control on July 17th 2014. There was no mistake made by the pilot or the airline.

What are you saying the Ukrainians deliberately send the plane into the fire to be shot down?

65 per cent of Crimea population identifies themselves as Russian (fact). The outcome would be the same. .

Buk anti-aircraft battery was used by the Ukrainians and the Rebels. There no possible way to identify who fired it. It's a Soviet-made weapon platform, you don't need Russian trained personnel there to use it.

54% but yet in areas some 110 % of the population voted to join russia there goes more lies .
    The vehicle and missle came from a russian anti aircraft unit they even know the names of the russian soldiers operating it ,
    Fact

No point in trying to twist anything with lies and propaganda I've pulled apart more putinbot posts than most .

Stick to the Illuminati

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

65 per cent of Crimea population identifies themselves as Russian (fact). The outcome would be the same. There was no threat of military action the 35 per of Ukrainians left can't change the outcome of a referendum. The Crimea people, the majority did not want to stay part of Ukraine.
    Most inhabitants of Sudentenland back in the day identified as German so you'd argued that the Nazi annexation was justified back in the day? You adopt a pro Russian stance on everything because you literally seem to fall for everything their propaganda outlets have outputted.

Skripal case was everyone but Russia according to you for the last few months. You've literally claimed a random website was the world standard of facial recognition because it suited your view...

Advertisement