Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Doge wrote: »
    Can't believe Grado didn't sue Philips for copying their mesh cup design!

Yea, they do look very much like Grados, don't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

dan786 wrote: »
    210€ in Smyths with 2 games. Add a console bundle of your choice and Forza Horizon 4 to cart total will be 209.99

Thanks. I'll have a look. The S is still a current good console right? It's one aspect of tech I never bothered keeping up with as I always preferred gaming on a PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Orion wrote: »
    Thanks. I'll have a look. The S is still a current good console right? It's one aspect of tech I never bothered keeping up with as I always preferred gaming on a PC.

haha love this deal: https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/xbox-one/xbox-one-consoles/xbox-one-s-1tb-forza-horizon-4-bundle/p/169195

Get the One S/Forza bundle and add Forza for another tenner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Frunchy wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-X2-Headphones-Over-Ear-Cushions-Black/dp/B00MRUPSHQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1542935919&sr=1-2&keywords=fidelio+x2

This is better than the HD600. Have a pair I use everyday for music and gaming. Has got great reviews from audiophiles. Lots of bass for an open back. Very comfortable, can wear it for hours at a time and excellent build quality. Low impedence, so doesn't need a dedicated amp. Can be run easily off a PC or even a phone.

These are £125 on Amazon Warehouse in "very good condition" with 20% promotion. That's very really great value if you get a good pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Doge

Bit worrying they have 4 pages of returns to the Amazon warehouse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Was going to buy a phone for 529 gbp, am a prime member so free delivery, but would be anyway. But when I go to check out the price is 544. Change delivery address to my parcelmotel or a relatives I send things to in the uk and the price drops again.

I use amazon probably every week and never seen this before, product sold by amazon not a third party. Anyone experienced this and if so know how to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,729 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

VAT rate is different, so address change reflects that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Yeah the chat guy explained that, shame he already told me they’d waive the extra before changing his mind. So just cancelled the order and will complain about him, not the vat.

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Little woods have echo dot 3rd gen for 29.99 delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Anyone know if the amazon fire tablets have google play on them or it has to be installed manually? I'm looking at the Fire HD 10 £109 without special offer. Anyone any experience with these, seems a decent deal to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

£20 off the PS4 bundles on Amazon is poor enough. Was hoping for better

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭djb85

I'm a Prime member but am I right in saying that Amazon are no longer delivering TVs to ROI that are 50" or larger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Kolido wrote: »
    Anyone know if the amazon fire tablets have google play on them or it has to be installed manually? I'm looking at the Fire HD 10 £109 without special offer. Anyone any experience with these, seems a decent deal to me.

Play store can be side loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

Kolido wrote: »

If you google it you will find instruction on how to install the playstore to give you gmail and any apps not available in the amazon app store.

In the past there were some issues with the Fire and opening gmail messages with attachments. But I think that is resolved.

For practical purposes it works just like any android tablet. Its fantastic value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Reynoldo7

djb85 wrote: »
    I'm a Prime member but am I right in saying that Amazon are no longer delivering TVs to ROI that are 50" or larger?

I got a 50" delivered through amazon about 6 weeks ago no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Reynoldo7 wrote: »
    I got a 50" delivered through amazon about 6 weeks ago no problem.

I had to use AddressPal this morning to order a 65" TV that they wouldn't deliver to ROI/NI
    edit: Nevermind, addresspal won't accept a 25kg package. Anyone have any alternatives? Needs to be a UK mainland virtual address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

fifth wrote: »
    I had to use AddressPal this morning to order a 65" TV that they wouldn't deliver to ROI/NI

What TV did you get?
    Been thinking about a 65 inch

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭djb85

fifth wrote: »
    edit: Nevermind, addresspal won't accept a 25kg package. Anyone have any alternatives? Needs to be a UK mainland virtual address.

Yes same problem... anything about 50" is likely to be too large/heavy for AddressPal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Some good discounts on Garmin Smartwatches. I'm looking at the Garmin Vivoactive 3 GPS for £180 v's Garmin Forerunner 735XT GPS for £190.
    Looks like the 735XT has the bigger spec.

And how does that compare to the Fitbit Ionic for £239? I see some saying online that the app and details/info it displays are much better with Fitbit than with Garmin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

djb85 wrote: »
    Yes same problem... anything about 50" is likely to be too large/heavy for AddressPal

Raging! :mad: Will wait for the January sales here then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Guys do we get notification when items arrive at Addresspal?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

jay0109 wrote: »
    Some good discounts on Garmin Smartwatches. I'm looking at the Garmin Vivoactive 3 GPS for £180 v's Garmin Forerunner 735XT GPS for £190.
    Looks like the 735XT has the bigger spec.

And how does that compare to the Fitbit Ionic for £239? I see some saying online that the app and details/info it displays are much better with Fitbit than with Garmin.
    Not sure compared to the fitbit, but the 735 does lack a few of the features of the 935xt. It's basically the next multisport watch down from that. Tempted myself, if OHR works, which is about the only reason for me to upgrade from the 920xt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Yea..email that its ready for collection

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Only from Amazon to say they’ve been delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

£20 off the PS4 bundles on Amazon is poor enough. Was hoping for better

Horrific. Considering the £300 for FIFA 18, and the new COD for a Pro last year was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Yeah I got notification from Amazon to say item delivered to AP on tuesday, but haven't received anything from AP to say it's ready for pick from collection point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭meep

I get e-mails from AddressPaal as well saying 'your AddressPal item has been received' when the item is delivered in the UK and, a few days later, a text message from AnPost indicating item is/will be out for delivery.

Excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Not sure compared to the fitbit, but the 735 does lack a few of the features of the 935xt. It's basically the next multisport watch down from that. Tempted myself, if OHR works, which is about the only reason for me to upgrade from the 920xt.

Didn't even know there was another version after the 735!
    Had to google OHR :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Yes you will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

The TV I wanted but didn't buy at 399 last Friday bounced up to 499 and then to 600 before hitting back to 419 last night.
    So if you've missed anything during the week check and see if it's back for a second time today!

Advertisement