Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think it's that you're randomly assigned category and that's that. Can't turn them down and opt for others. That's my understanding

I took it that you'd still be logging on to Ticketmaster at 10 a.m. tomorrow anyway, with the usual 'two seats please' request, to see what came back at you. Maybe one of the few people who were successful might let us know after they do that in the morning?

In response to the guy before you who didn't want to pay Category A prices if he had no choice - I reckon about 80% of the ground is Category A anyway, so no point limiting yourself even further in the hunt for tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Duffryman wrote: »
    I'm wondering if they suddenly decided to drastically reduce the number of tickets for the Supporters Club, thereby making it much more difficult for Supporters Club members to actually get them?

I'm basing that on how I've been paying into the Club each year for the past five or six years, and up to now, I was always able to get two tickets for either a Six Nations match or an Autumn Internationals match, so long as I was online and ready to pounce at exactly 10 a.m. on the days they went on sale. These included tickets to a home Six Nations match v England, and even tickets to the recent match v the All Blacks (albeit they were Category 4 tickets - didn't mind - was still there!)

But now it's a pure lottery, where (if the poll I set up separately is anything go by) some 90% of people don't get the chance to buy tickets at all? I can't imagine 90% missing out the 'old' way.....

I wouldn't be surprised if they have reduced the allocation to cater for more tickets going to corporate for more money.

As bitter as I am, I really expected to see more people be successful in this nonsense ballot but there is clearly huge majority who were unsuccessful.

Responses to their tweet about the ballot results are equally as negative and in parallel to the tone and result here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone else waiting to hear one way or the other?

Bit annoyed that I didn't even get an email

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Duffryman wrote: »
    I took it that you'd still be logging on to Ticketmaster at 10 a.m. tomorrow anyway, with the usual 'two seats please' request, to see what came back at you. Maybe one of the few people who were successful might let us know after they do that in the morning?

In response to the guy before you who didn't want to pay Category A prices if he had no choice - I reckon about 80% of the ground is Category A anyway, so no point limiting yourself even further in the hunt for tickets...
    40000 tickets arent category 1/A...
    I wouldn't be surprised if they have reduced the allocation to cater for more tickets going to corporate for more money.

As bitter as I am, I really expected to see more people be successful in this nonsense ballot but there is clearly huge majority who were unsuccessful.

Responses to their tweet about the ballot results are equally as negative and in parallel to the tone and result here.
    Not simpply corporate but all other stakeholders as well.
    There would be far more members than tickets so of course there will be more negative than positive responses to the ballot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

40000 tickets arent category 1/A...

Not simpply corporate but all other stakeholders as well.
    There would be far more members than tickets so of course there will be more negative than positive responses to the ballot

No what I mean is that when people are unsuccessful with the usual ticketmaster approach, you'd get a handful of people on here saying they didn't get tickets and a decent amount saying they did. There are massively more people (it seems) that are unsuccessful this time in even getting the ballot nod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

No what I mean is that when people are unsuccessful with the usual ticketmaster approach, you'd get a handful of people on here saying they didn't get tickets and a decent amount saying they did. There are massively more people (it seems) that are unsuccessful this time in even getting the ballot nod.

The only reason to change it to a ballot over Ticketmaster is to hide the number of tickets that you're selling. They obviously gutted the number of tickets available based on the extremely low success rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I’m still reeling a bit. I was a member, then took a break, then rejoined again in September ish.

I’ve just copped that I’ve never actually received an email from them - even when I signed up. I received my pack and I’m able to login etc.

So, I’ve no idea whether my email address was even in the hat. I’ll be calling them tomorrow.

Anyway, my point it that I was waiting on an update by email regarding tickets, which didn’t come, and I completely missed this thread. F*cking raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭testtech05

Unsuccessful here too. As others have said disappointing after 7/8 years of being successful more often than not.
    Yes to be a lot more people disappointed this time around. Think this will be my last year in the club regardless.
    Unfortunately don't have any links to a club anymore or any coporate avanue...

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Friend got two tickets to England game this morning. €120 each for Block 506 :eek::eek:

Has to be the most expensive tickets, given the section, I've ever heard of for a game. Seems mental :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

bigslick wrote: »
    Friend got two tickets to England game this morning. €120 each for Block 506 :eek::eek:

Has to be the most expensive tickets, given the section, I've ever heard of for a game. Seems mental :mad:

506 is pretty much on the 10m line so they’d be some of the best seats going

• Advertisement

Kevski wrote: »
    506 is pretty much on the 10m line so they’d be some of the best seats going

Oh ok, lucky him so, but just thought the amount per ticket was crazy. Have never paid that kind of amount for a game ticket before. Can only imagine the kind of cost for lower blocks or premium level!

bigslick wrote: »
    Oh ok, lucky him so, but just thought the amount per ticket was crazy. Have never paid that kind of amount for a game ticket before. Can only imagine the kind of cost for lower blocks or premium level!

Ticket prices here. 150 for premium.

http://irishrugby.ie/ireland/tickets/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I got 2 tickets for the France match ,the wife was lucky with her membership,god bless her.

I managed to get 2 in Block 103 which are good seats .

I had a good few windows opened checking what was on offer whilst I left the 103 seats in the basket.

There seemed to be seats in all price categories except Premium available .
    This included restricted view tickets for 32.50 and 42.50.
    Most seats I was offered were in Blocks 503,505 and 506 .
    Varying from Row D to Row T.

When I searched on the 32.50 and 42.50 restricted view seats they were also available.

I was offered two in Block 107 as well .

So there seemed to be a good variety of tickets .
    I wouldn't be surprised if the supporters club allocation doesn't even sell out ,they've obviously sent out hardly any codes to the members.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

I heard that if it doesn’t sell out they also have people on a standby waiting list

Rocko wrote: »
    I heard that if it doesn’t sell out they also have people on a standby waiting list

Is the standby list just everyone else? I still haven't received any email one way or the other. Saw from twitter, I'm not the only one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Told me I didn't have any luck when I contacted IRFU by email.

Got Cardiff tickets sorted however.

Told me I didn't have any luck when I contacted IRFU by email.

Got Cardiff tickets sorted however.

Did they give any explanation why you hadn't got an email? What was the email address you used to email them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Did they give any explanation why you hadn't got an email? What was the email address you used to email them?

Told me I must have blocked them or have it in spam but I definitely didn't.

Doesn't make much difference though at this point.

Told me I must have blocked them or have it in spam but I definitely didn't.

Doesn't make much difference though at this point.

Probably not no but was curious. Wonder was there anyone successful who didn't receive any email so

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭trevezel

just got 4 wales ireland, pretty smooth today on principalitystadium, by the way, wales england sold out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

trevezel wrote: »
    just got 4 wales ireland, pretty smooth today on principalitystadium, by the way, wales england sold out

Do I need to be a paid member to get tickets for this?

Edit: I see I need to be a WRU gold member. Thanks

indeed, you must have subscribed for a membership to enter the sales
    by the way, public sale will take place next thursday but very few tickets will remain i m afraid...

WALES V IRELAND

On Sale Information

Tickets for this game are currently available from your local rugby club. Remaining tickets will be released for sale on the following dates:

Tuesday 11th December at 10am: WRU Gold / Scorch Junior / Scorch Bach Junior Members (4 tickets per member)

Tuesday 11th December at 3pm: WRU Red Members (4 tickets per member)

Wednesday 12th December at 10am: Principality Rewards Members & Debenture Holders (4 tickets per person)

Thursday 13th December at 10am: General sale (4 tickets per person)

further information : scotland ireland sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

indeed, you must have subscribed for a membership to enter the sales
    by the way, public sale will take place next thursday but very few tickets will remain i m afraid...

Thanks, I'll give it a go Thursday anyway.

Can anyone confirm is the Scotland game sold out already?

EDIT: Your too fast for me. I just saw your latest post after I asked the question LOL

from SRU :

Scotland v Ireland
    There are currently no tickets available for the game against Ireland (Saturday 9 February, kick-off 2,15pm). This is because demand for Scotland tickets has been exceptionally high this season, with more Scotland Season Passes bought than ever before, requests from rugby club members higher than ever and the three-match Guinness Six Nations Package, which went on sale last month, also selling out. It is possible there will be tickets returned to Scottish Rugby from un-allocated prior rights stakeholders. If so, these will be made available for purchase in early/mid January.

WALES V IRELAND

On Sale Information

Tickets for this game are currently available from your local rugby club. Remaining tickets will be released for sale on the following dates:

Tuesday 11th December at 10am: WRU Gold / Scorch Junior / Scorch Bach Junior Members (4 tickets per member)

Tuesday 11th December at 3pm: WRU Red Members (4 tickets per member)

Wednesday 12th December at 10am: Principality Rewards Members & Debenture Holders (4 tickets per person)

Thursday 13th December at 10am: General sale (4 tickets per person)

For the Wales game, can you sign up for the membership today and utilise it for the presale, or is there a black out window similar to IRFU membership? Hate to sign up and not be able to use it until next year.

good question, a bit late for gold membership(sales till 3 pm), sales for red membership will open in 80 minutes, worth a try cause i haven't noticed any deadline about subscription !

here is a snapshot of tickets remaining for wales ireland

• Advertisement

side by side tickets available in blocks u14,15,16,17(one hundred tickets maybe)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement