Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

kuro68k wrote: »
    The main things missing that the high spec will get are LED headlights and ventilated seats.

There is also speculation that later in the year they will add telematics and an app, like the Korean version has. They seem to have done a deal with a European telematics company already.

Kia and Hyundai signed a deal earlier this year, think it was with vodafone, I posted it somewhere. An app will be coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Kia and Hyundai signed a deal earlier this year, think it was with vodafone, I posted it somewhere. An app will be coming.

Yes, problem is that people have been told it won't work with the early cars. They don't have the necessary hardware and it can't be retrofitted, or so dealers have told them.

No one really knows but the confusion and lack of clarity is very frustrating.

Yes, problem is that people have been told it won't work with the early cars. They don't have the necessary hardware and it can't be retrofitted, or so dealers have told them.

No one really knows but the confusion and lack of clarity is very frustrating.

By the time a eNiro hits the Irish shores I would expect the app to be available. We are 12+ months away.....the deal with vodafone was signed maybe a month ago

In the video above they are talking about the Niro hitting UK shores in next 2 weeks. I would guess that batch won't have support.

Our lovely Irish dealer never asked for the eNiro so they wll be last, as always so the app should be on them

In the video above they are talking about the Niro hitting UK shores in next 2 weeks. I would guess that batch won't have support.

Demonstrators only, deliveries to customers are expected for April.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevin16w

Just got update from the dealer I have been dealing with for a long time on this. He has advised that Kia Ireland has officially placed orders on the long range Niro and also Soul too. They will be delivered in March and my name is on one. Literally just heard and have gone back requesting if demo models in March or if it will be a car for me.
    I am expecting demos only if Uk only getting private cars in April.

Edit:
    Response from dealer - 7 cars for test in feb but wont be long range, Then the official order has been decided and declared as high range for March which went through this week

• Advertisement

kevin16w wrote: »
    Response from dealer - 7 cars for test in feb but wont be long range, Then the official order has been decided and declared as high range for March which went through this week

Any word on spec? The UK ones are a disappointingly mid range.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevin16w

He couldnt confirm but expects to be same as the UK spec. I can live with the UK spec. Only small disappointments and i can live with them.

Any word on spec? The UK ones are a disappointingly mid range.

It's better than the Kona....I would accept it to replace the eGolf. i wouldn't take the Kona spec

• Registered Users Posts: 64,867 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It has active cruise control and lane keep assist (second level autonomous driving) as standard? Those are the most important things (to me anyway)

Pity it doesn't have LED headlights, but that would not be a deal breaker to me

unkel wrote: »
    It has active cruise control and lane keep assist (second level autonomous driving) as standard? Those are the most important things (to me anyway)

Pity it doesn't have LED headlights, but that would not be a deal breaker to me

Does the Leaf v1 not come with standard bulbs and you can swap them? or am I losing it? thought I seen something online

I do like my LED headlights but not a huge factor

ACC and LKA I would need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

kevin16w wrote: »
    Just got update from the dealer I have been dealing with for a long time on this. He has advised that Kia Ireland has officially placed orders on the long range Niro and also Soul too. They will be delivered in March and my name is on one. Literally just heard and have gone back requesting if demo models in March or if it will be a car for me.
    I am expecting demos only if Uk only getting private cars in April.

Edit:

any indication of expected price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Fully charged review the UK spec eNiro - in Korea

rocky wrote: »
    Fully charged review the UK spec eNiro - in Korea

We going to post the same video every page:P

UK is getting one spec, £33k, with Lane Follow Assist (level 2 autonomy).

That's £33k after the £3500 grant...

UK is getting one spec, £33k, with Lane Follow Assist (level 2 autonomy).

That's £33k after the £3500 grant...

Hate to repeat myself but I did post less than 10 posts ago

First Edition EV

From £32,995* (after. PiCG deduction)

- 17" Alloy Wheels
    - 7" Supervision Cluster with TFT LCD Colour Display
    - 8-speaker JBL® Premium Sound System
    - Smart Key & Button Start
    - Black Leather Upholstery **
    - Electric Parking Brake with Autohold
    - Lane Following Assist
    - Smart Cruise Control w/ Stop & Go
    - Lane Keeping Assist with Driver Attention Waring & High Beam Assist
    - Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (Car/Ped/Cyc) (FCA)
    - *PiCG = Plug-in Car Grant (£3,500 deduction from the original OTR price of £36,495 )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Hate to repeat myself but I did post less than 10 posts ago

First Edition EV

From £32,995* (after. PiCG deduction)

- 17" Alloy Wheels
    - 7" Supervision Cluster with TFT LCD Colour Display
    - 8-speaker JBL® Premium Sound System
    - Smart Key & Button Start
    - Black Leather Upholstery **
    - Electric Parking Brake with Autohold
    - Lane Following Assist
    - Smart Cruise Control w/ Stop & Go
    - Lane Keeping Assist with Driver Attention Waring & High Beam Assist
    - Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (Car/Ped/Cyc) (FCA)
    - *PiCG = Plug-in Car Grant (£3,500 deduction from the original OTR price of £36,495 )

That's for 64kWh battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,867 ✭✭✭✭unkel

grogi wrote: »
    That's for 64kWh battery?

Yep. We have confirmed that too several times on the last few pages ;)

To be fair, as it will have apple play then it has the spec I require, I don't think I need anything else....well apart from an app which I would really really love....

I contacted the local dealer. He is trying to flog me the PHEV again.....

In terms of when I could order BEV, he has no idea. He is asking Kia....he said early next year for a few in Ireland for press use, they hope that dealers will get hands-on for a roadshow type event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Watched the Fully charged episode with the Uk version being driven in South Korea. this car is miles better than the KONA and If KIA are undercutting its sister company they'll be on a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Watched the Fully charged episode with the Uk version being driven in South Korea. this car is miles better than the KONA and If KIA are undercutting its sister company they'll be on a winner.

I'll be trading in my Leaf 40 for one as soon as they become available, that was always the plan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

If Kia stick to the UK spec here I'll be more than happy. Looks like Hyundai Ireland asked people why they didn't buy the Ioniq instead of figuring it out why it was so popular from the ones that did.

From the Kona thread it seems like the high price and low tech is costing them sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

If KIA, and it looks like they are, are only shipping 1 spec RHD model then I wouldn't see them changing it for Ireland.

ewj1978 wrote: »
    If KIA, and it looks like they are, are only shipping 1 spec RHD model then I wouldn't see them changing it for Ireland.

Its a launch edition for the UK, one spec due to availability. So Ireland will get the same.

Longer term the UK I would expect will get a choice of spec, Ireland will probably stick to a single spec

The launch edition spec is good....

icom wrote: »
    I'll be trading in my Leaf 40 for one as soon as they become available, that was always the plan.

You will sell your L40 no problem

I would expect loads of people are sitting waiting to see what the L40 are coming in for second hand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

unkel wrote: »
    Yep. We have confirmed that too several times on the last few pages ;)

That makes it exactly €37995 RRP in here... Loads of money, but is it too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

grogi wrote: »
    That makes it exactly €37995 RRP in here... Loads of money, but is it too much?

Nope for what you’re getting imo

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

Autogefühl's e-Niro review.

Good review, personally I like it because it doesn't shout "look at me I drive an electric car"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭KCross

There was a motoring section on Pat Kenny this morning and the lady talking (cant remember who she was but she was a motoring journalist) and she spoke about the Kona EV and eNiro and she gave the correct Kona price (€37k) and then mentioned that the eNiro wasnt due until 192 and she gave the correct range of the 64kWh version and that the price was "expected to be ~€33k after grants"!

I dont know where she got that info from but everything else she said was accurate.

It does seem way too low though, even if they gave us a Paddy spec version, so I'm not holding my breath but I will cross my fingers! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

KCross wrote: »
    There was a motoring section on Pat Kenny this morning and the lady talking (cant remember who she was but she was a motoring journalist) and she spoke about the Kona EV and eNiro and she gave the correct Kona price (€37k) and then mentioned that the eNiro wasnt due until 192 and she gave the correct range of the 64kWh version and that the price was "expected to be ~€33k after grants"!

I dont know where she got that info from but everything else she said was accurate.

It does seem way too low though, even if they gave us a Paddy spec version, so I'm not holding my breath but I will cross my fingers! :)

Geraldine Herbert

Fast Forward (drag the playback marker at the top of the screen to almost the 85-90% mark from left to right & that segment of the show is there...)

https://www.newstalk.com/listen_back/13240/49791/11th_December_2018_-_The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Part_3/

Advertisement