Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

eagle eye wrote: »
    Is there others on this morning mysterious list that you give out about not paying tax?
    Can you give us the full list?
    Can you then give us the list of these types who have given ten million euro to help against this pandemic?

You do realise that a charitable donation is tax deductible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Wombatman wrote: »
    There was a myth flying around here a few days ago, that the death figures in North Italy, for Q1 this year, are much the same as last year.

Now I know Madrid is in Spain, but I would imagine this data is similar to Northern Italy.

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news/2020-04-08/coronavirus-deaths-in-madrid-could-be-3000-above-official-figures.html

Same data has been done on Italy too. Far higher death count this period compared to last, and that increase isn't accounted for in the Covid figures.

https://twitter.com/J_CD_T/status/1245739661449977867

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

polesheep wrote: »
    You are welcome to come and ask her yourself.

I've no desire to do that and this argument could go on until new years day or even the end of the world. If you walk away, I will follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Can you ask your wife what taxes U2 are evading at the moment

What if some of them are nurses or doctors?

Doctors and nurses and cleaners and supermarket staff are all waiting in line at the roadblocks like everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In fairness two lanes of traffic cut to one and every car been stopped even then smallest amount of traffic won’t be long getting tailed back lots of people still working
    Yeah, you only have to look at the other side of the road to see there aren't many cars going the other way. I'd be willing to guess that one lane and an idiot somewhere up further cause this.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shelly66

This Friday early morning I hoping no checkpoints on the M50, I have medical appointment scan in Tallaght , travelling from Northside of Dublin over. Would make sense to have checkpoints before entering slip roads to M50. Should I expect long delays 9 am? Maybe get Luas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Is there a mistake in the USA figures? It’s gone up by tens of thousands today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭threeball

Apparently they don't pay tax so thats no advantage to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Some on the M11 May be some holiday traffic, but close down a main commuter route by at least 2/3,plus a checkpoint, at quitting time from a town that relies on vehicular traffic to get workers home, then you're going to get a big tailback.
    A lot of news Management going on, looked like setting up a photo op for the cameras as much as anything.
    BTW, my Sister in law was working in Vincent's, was working extra hours, and had about 90 minutes added t her commute today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Rvsmmnps

Achasanai wrote: »
    Same data has been done on Italy too. Far higher death count this period compared to last, and that increase isn't accounted for in the Covid figures.

They should compare the figures to that of 2016/17 winter season in italy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

gozunda wrote: »
    I would have concerns that those not producing a critical level of antibodies will lack immunity going forward.

During the 1918 flu pandemic - there was a number of waves of the disease - including at least one deadlier strain. Hopefully this does not occur eith COVID-19. However if it does - it will leave a lot of those who have been infected at risk from the disease again.

Also kind of plonks the idea of 'herd immunity" right on its head - if this is a feature of the disease tbh.

Any kind of immunity test won't work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

More than the past few days but nothing that unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Saying there is over 22 thousand cases in Nevada today.
    Must be an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

easypazz wrote: »
    Non issue then, they obey the law same as the rest of us.
    I think you missed the point mate, he doesn't pay his taxes here like the rest of us

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Saying there is over 22 thousand cases in Nevada today.
    Must be an error.

Edit: Mixing up tests with cases.

https://app.powerbigov.us/view?r=eyJrIjoiMjA2ZThiOWUtM2FlNS00MGY5LWFmYjUtNmQwNTQ3Nzg5N2I2IiwidCI6ImU0YTM0MGU2LWI4OWUtNGU2OC04ZWFhLTE1NDRkMjcwMzk4MCJ9

Achasanai wrote: »

May not be Covid deaths. Linked article below relates to a massive drop in admissions for heart attacks in high impact areas such Lombardy, Madrid and New York. No firm conclusion is made but maybe in a lot of cases people with early heart attack symptoms are so afraid to go to the hospital that they ignore it, and in some cases then die as a result. Will really only know when data is analysed afterwards.
    https://www.tctmd.com/news/mystery-missing-stemis-during-covid-19-pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Well, when you block a major road, people tend to get stuck in traffic.

That would be a great explanation if we weren’t in lockdown and a “major road” shouldn’t be needed for getting food and supplies...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

My 85 year old father with a long history of terrible health (basically everything you can imagine including cancer, asthma etc.) lives with my mom (with even worse health including a month in hospital recently) has an appointment with an eye surgeon tomorrow.

The consultation is to follow-up a corneal transplant he had just before this whole covid-19 kicked off. He already delayed this follow-up appointment by two weeks and the doctor strongly recommends it given the discomfort felt. I had a long conversation with the doctor to discuss the risks, but given the potential risk of permanent loss of sight, it is hard to know what to say.

I made a huge effort to ensure my parents could live in proper self isolation and depend entirely on deliveries, which they have been doing for almost five weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Why are the UK reporting numbers very specific to hospitals (or at least the way they are wording it)

"Total number of deaths in UK hospitals from coronavirus rises to 7,097"

Is there more deaths outside hospitals?
    Are deaths outside hospitals, sent to hospitals anyway and still recorded in these figures?

• Advertisement

I put a link up earlier today about a woman who was due in court for coughing at a Garda and saying Coronavirus. Loitering around and drinking with others which is why the Garda were there.

Rachel Conway, 28 years old, mother of 3 Sentenced to 28 days.

Good enough for the b1tch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

fullstop wrote: »
    Traffic is up 1,000 cars per hour on that road in the last 2 days, most likely with selfish ***** off to their holiday homes.

As much as I agree that some people are idiots, that road is still not near as busy as a normal day here are the actual stats for just past Bray compared to normal levels at a random week in Feb. And had the same level of traffic some days last week. Checkpoints caused the bottle neck and its right that they did, proper order that they set them up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

gozunda wrote: »
    I would have concerns that those not producing a critical level of antibodies will lack immunity going forward.

During the 1918 flu pandemic - there was a number of waves of the disease - including at least one deadlier strain. Hopefully this does not occur eith COVID-19. However if it does - it will leave a lot of those who have been infected at risk from the disease again.

Also kind of plonks the idea of 'herd immunity" right on its head - if this is a feature of the disease tbh.

the 1918 second wave was due to a heavily mutated influenza virus. from what i've read coronavirus is much less likely to undergo such a mutation as it's an RNA virus. current thinking is if you gain immunity you should be pretty safe, at least for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I think you missed the point mate, he doesn't pay his taxes here like the rest of us

You seem very touchy about him. Fair play for donating €10m, great gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I put a link up earlier today about a woman who was due in court for coughing at a Garda and saying Coronavirus. Loitering around and drinking with others which is why the Garda were there.

Should have got 6 months

Maestro85 wrote: »
    I have done too much **** talking about where I work in past threads to say where but I work in a popular tourism site that has been quiet for about a week. Today though.... I see a spike in people coming here, a very noticeable spike, with no social distancing. Gardai getting a lot of abuse at checkpoints. My observations are it is mainly city folk of the family yuppie type orientation. FML I am working this weekend and stressing already.

You've said this in nearly every post, I'd love to know what site you work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

threeball wrote: »
    I see U2 donated €10m for PPE. They (particulary Bono) got alot of jibes earlier in the thread, I hope the same lads will be as quick to come out and say fair play. Thats a significant donation regardless of their wealth.

Good on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Rvsmmnps wrote: »
    They should compare the figures to that of 2016/17 winter season in italy

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

And the age of her. She can’t blame a not-fully-developed brain or raging hormones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

fullstop wrote: »
    You seem very touchy about him. Fair play for donating €10m, great gesture.
    your welcome mate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement