Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

That apology was badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

He appropriately apologised to Amy Klobuchar.

Here's another love-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

rossie1977 wrote: »
    drkpower wrote: »
    This whole charade just shows how divisive US politics has become. It’s hard to determine the truth of what ford and kavanaugh are saying, in their own ways both seem quite credible, but the idea that a Supreme Court nomination could be derailed by a 36 year old uncorrobarated allegation is absurd.

I’m no fan of trump or Kavanaugh’s politics, but if this were happening in reverse, the response would be much different.

For one if a sitting Democratic president was under investigation and a number of his campaign team were under arrest or charged with various things, the Republicans wouldn't even allow a hearing to be heard.

Republicans blocked Obama's pick for the supreme Court for a full year leaving seat empty yet they are trying to rush the worst possible candidate through even though seat currently is still filled..
    I agree with that. And was surprised Obama took it lying down.

But that was pure politics preventing a process starting. That’s the political game and they are well able to play it. This is, in my view, far more insidious. Having a citizen nominated (and a judge is at the end of the day just that) and then having them subject to a show trial based on an uncorroborated 36 year old allegation will have repercussions that will echo for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Devils Triangle is most definitely not a drinking game like he claims, blatant lie there:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Devils%20Triangle

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

looksee wrote: »
    What was going on there just before the break? K got a message of some sort and messages were being passed around everyone seemed very distracted.
    Might have been about his comment to senator klobacher.

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    What was going on there just before the break? K got a message of some sort and messages were being passed around everyone seemed very distracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

like wtf, it's strange that people expect a guy who is out of nowhere accused of being a serial gang rapist to have perfect poise, given the fact that none of it seems even possible to disprove. Even if there is an fbi investigation it will likely not clear his name any further. People named by the accusers have refuted two seperate claims, one of which is a friend of the accuser? The gang rape one is just trash, that's the only one I know is untrue.

But all in all, I'm sure he knows even best case scenario for him will be inconclusive, which if he didn't do these things is pretty good reason for anger.
    If you're referring to Leland Keyser, then that is in fact not true. She said she didn't recall it, but that she believed Ford. Kavanaugh knows this yet says it's been refuted? What a good judge he must be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Thargor wrote: »
    Devils Triangle is most definitely not a drinking game like he claims, blatant lie there:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Devils%20Triangle

I wish they asked him to describe the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Itssoeasy every post you make these days is a double post for some reason, trying to boost your post count? :D

The prosecutor from Arizona Rachel mitchell is finished for the day.

• Advertisement

The GOP seem to have changed tactics after lindsay graham.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I'm getting distracted by that woman on the left hand side of Kavanaugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The GOP seem to have changed tactics after lindsay graham.

Nothing more boring than people talking about "white males supposed privilege" but mother of God the republicans do need some variety in these rooms, just looks really bad all these old white dudes representing Kav.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Grassley always sounds like he’s yelling at a cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

listermint wrote: »
    Yeah ok ..

Then why not just placate and have the FBI investigate from the start.

Sure they'd find nothing

Jeffry Toobin on CNN just now warned the Republicans who might be swayed and think Kavanaugh won't over turn roe vs wade are kidding themselves.

He said just listen to how partisan he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,114 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Coons very reasonable and Kavanaugh now taking a diff tack. Asking for one week to get the investigation done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

man this is some character assassination...remind me to never apply to become a supreme court justice.:p

It is hard viewing but compelling.

I missed it but he said in his opening statement that this is revenge for Clinton.. Problem is SCOTUS's are supposed to independent but how can he seen as this now:confused:

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

How the hell did a "sophisticated" democracy end up elevating someone who might have no legal understanding at all to such an important position for life by a given President at a given moment?

Surely it should be a learned matter for learned people. It's not 1789.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,540 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

The 65 female school friends letter is back again. It's just a shame that he went to an all boys school and the girls all came from 3 other girls schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Is there something wrong with my TV or has Kavanaugh gone a funny colour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with my TV or has Kavanaugh gone a funny colour?

Hopefully, his "weak stomach" Ralphing problem hasn't returned...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,114 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Mike Lee again quoting Biden. Have they all only one speaking note.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Man the GOP love Biden and love quoting him when it suits....they used him for not vetting Obama's SCOTUS pick now they are drooling over some FBI statement he said 20 years ago :rolleyes:

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 11,540 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

It's all Dianne Feinstein's fault, according to Ben Fesse [think I've got his name correct].

Clever by Blumenthal. Catch him on the small lie and cloud the wider testimony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

Russia must be rubbing their hands watching a live witch hunt. Compelling viewing. Imagine the carnage if he gets in and overturns Roe v Wade?

aloyisious wrote: »
    It's all Dianne Feinstein's fault, according to Ben Fesse [think I've got his name correct].

Ben Sasse. I think.

How is the United States functioning legislatively ? Their national parliament is a mess and divided worse than oil and water. I'll never look at the dail in a bad light again as bad as it can be at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Blumenthal, damn son...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Mr Crapo is talking now. Let's take Mr Crapo seriously

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement