Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 wos

80sbaby wrote: »
    Top 5, fingers crossed we hear soon!

IMO, if Westmeath is the region you are hoping for, you'd be mad to take Offaly if you are in the Top 5 (or anywhere near that) for both regions.

Not sure if you know this but if you take your second preference you are out of consideration for your first preference and you'll be stuck trying to get a transfer which could take years (it would be quicker to apply for the next panel and hope you finish as well as you did on this one).

Now if you were top 5 in Offaly and #45 in Westmeath, then that would be different!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bubblesforyou

I'm top 5 in Galway and haven't heard anything yet

Any word since - I'm slightly after you so will be watching you.......:D:D

Really hope they get a move on with limerick and Galway panels this week!!

Keep us posted if you hear for Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Itsme16

Hi all, long time lurker first time poster. Has anyone heard anything from either Wexford/Waterford panels?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Am I correct in saying that when vacancies arise that positions have to be filled, that they are filled from each panel eg one from internal, one from interd and one from open and so on... ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 miami180985

Anyone been called for mayo yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

connectq wrote: »
    Am I correct in saying that when vacancies arise that positions have to be filled, that they are filled from each panel eg one from internal, one from interd and one from open and so on... ?

I would have thought that all panels should be active at same time however they seem to be calling way mire from open panels than interdepartmental. I know the ratio is higher from open but I have heard of very few being called from interdepartmental panels in this competition.

Anna1976 wrote: »
    I would have thought that all panels should be active at same time however they seem to be calling way mire from open panels than interdepartmental. I know the ratio is higher from open but I have heard of very few being called from interdepartmental panels in this competition.
    I think that they pull off the "open" panel unless an employer requests a person from the "interdepartmental". Anyone else agree - kinda confusing really............:cool:

80sbaby wrote: »
    Did they give you any indication as to when they'll start westmeath, or the number of vacancies? I'm number 5 in Offaly but really want westmeath. Was hoping that westmeath would come up first. Were you worried at all about turning down Offaly?

what number are you for Westmeath, do you mind me asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Anna1976 wrote:

Yeah they told me they are working off open and they will get to me much quicker on open than inter despite me being lower on inter. You gotta figure any civil servant on the inter is on the open too. So they will probably end up taking them off both lists when they do they take them off the open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭80sbaby

foxylass wrote: »
    what number are you for Westmeath, do you mind me asking.

top 5

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RockabillySnap

How long did it take for people to be told what section and location they would be in after accepting a position in a department? I've been told my start date and sent back all the forms and contract but still don't know exactly where I'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 treasar

How long did it take for people to be told what section and location they would be in after accepting a position in a department? I've been told my start date and sent back all the forms and contract but still don't know exactly where I'll be.

I'm in the exact same boat. The HR Dept told me I should hear by next week and I start on the 21st if that helps at all.

treasar wrote: »
    I'm in the exact same boat. The HR Dept told me I should hear by next week and I start on the 21st if that helps at all.

I start on the 21st too :) what department are you going into? I kinda thought they would know exactly what job they were offering when I was asked so I wasn't expecting a wait. But if everyone is in the same boat is grand

I start on the 21st too :) what department are you going into? I kinda thought they would know exactly what job they were offering when I was asked so I wasn't expecting a wait. But if everyone is in the same boat is grand

Department of Justice and Equality lawyers, what about yourself?

The only thing bothering me about not knowing for sure is I've to organise my commute from louth, and having an exact address would help a lot.

The only thing bothering me about not knowing for sure is I've to organise my commute from louth, and having an exact address would help a lot.

Department of justice and equality too! Yeah there's so much planning to do for it I really want to know the exact location.

Department of justice and equality too! Yeah there's so much planning to do for it I really want to know the exact location.

How funny we'll be joining the trenches together!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

I am a serving civil servant and got the call yesterday about clearance. I was told I don't need to be Garda vetted and I posted the health and character form yesterday. Can anyone in a similar position tell me how long it might take for my official offer and start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Stephr85

Got my assignment from PAS on Monday and was told I would hear from the dept shortly with a date to start etc.. I wonder how long i'll be waiting to hear from the department!!! This process isn't half dragged out is it!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

I got the Vetting email and have completed that but no phone call as of yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭starsx

Wonder what number they are on now in Dublin? Things seem to be moving abit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Just rang PAS and they said they have contacted 2 from limerick but made no movement on Galway as there is no vacancies there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Borboleta81

Just rang PAS and they said they have contacted 2 from limerick but made no movement on Galway as there is no vacancies there yet
    Ah, I hope Galway does open up some vacancies. I heard that being top heavy in the region they'll have to wait for people to retire before taking on new EO's.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SxQ2449

starsx wrote: »
    Wonder what number they are on now in Dublin? Things seem to be moving abit

Do you know how many are on the panel in batch 1 for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bigjigwig77

I don't suppose they mentioned if they are taking on many more in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

I don't suppose they mentioned if they are taking on many more in Limerick?

They didn't say. He did say they hadn't officially started clearance on a large number from there though. I wanted to ask more but the baby started crying so had to wrap up the conversation. I'm 7 but hoping to not have to take a position there as I would much rather my other region but there's been no movement there at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

SxQ2449 wrote:
    Do you know how many are on the panel in batch 1 for Dublin?

It's come up now a few times that it's about 300. Not sure who the original source is for that or how reliable it is. I'm in the 260's and I was told im part of batch one.

Also I checked yesterday and was told 230 for open on Dublin. But they are moving quite slowly and only getting around 10 done a week

Ah, I hope Galway does open up some vacancies. I heard that being top heavy in the region they'll have to wait for people to retire before taking on new EO's.

Oh no - I'm waiting on Galway (and Offaly) - hoping to be placed very soon. Are there really no current vacancies in Galway - seems very hard to believe with the amount of govt. dept.'s. in Galway????? When I spoke to them last Friday (July 28th) they said they had hoped to start placing from the Galway panel within two weeks.

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 SxQ2449

sierra117x wrote: »
    It's come up now a few times that it's about 300. Not sure who the original source is for that or how reliable it is. I'm in the 260's and I was told im part of batch one.

Also I checked yesterday and was told 230 for open on Dublin. But they are moving quite slowly and only getting around 10 done a week

About 300, ok thanks. I think that tends to happen for July & August, had they been moving quicker before that?

I'm on batch 2 for open and interd but by the looks of it, it seems, that it's more likely to come around on open, is that right?

Advertisement