Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

There's only one tiny tiny point I would add to - being a good mother, a good role model and raising good kids is very much a full time job.

What she is doing is acting as a huge disservice to mothers of Ireland doing their best to get their kids through life.

Absolutely. And women(or men) giving up work where they can to raise their kids, brilliant from both parents for being able to manage that. If I was unlucky enough :pac: to ever have kids I would hope that we would be in a position that one of us could take a few years out to be full time parents, lets be honest, everyone would rather be at home with their kids than put them into childcare, but unfortunately people need to work. Though not everyone believes in the 'needing to work thing' it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

And treating you with the Gardai for posting more often than they deem appropriate .

On a side note it's clearly only someone thst does not work would fail to understand that jobs have commuting times, down times, breaks, skive times when the boss is not around etc!!

We'll have to wait until they get out of bed for a response :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

There's only one tiny tiny point I would add to - being a good mother, a good role model and raising good kids is very much a full time job.

What she is doing is acting as a huge disservice to mothers of Ireland doing their best to get their kids through life.

Absolutely. And women(or men) giving up work where they can to raise their kids, brilliant from both parents for being able to manage that. If I was unlucky enough :pac: to ever have kids I would hope that we would be in a position that one of us could take a few years out to be full time parents, lets be honest, everyone would rather be at home with their kids than put them into childcare, but unfortunately people need to work. Though not everyone believes in the 'needing to work thing' it seems.

I'm not sure of the mental gymnastics needed to get "criminal sitting on her arse doing nothing and getting paid a serious wedge tax free - good" - and "decades of paying tax and working to pay for the former- bad"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/hap-homeless-rental-crisis-daniel-experience-4185567-Aug2018/

Homeless for 10 years
    Has a baby on the way
    Complains landlords wants references

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I'm not sure of the mental gymnastics needed to get "criminal sitting on her arse doing nothing and getting paid a serious wedge tax free - good" - and "decades of paying tax and working to pay for the former- bad"

What mental gymnastics do you need? Other people who aren’t you, have different priorities to yours. You’re overestimating the value of your opinion if you think anyone other than yourself actually gives a damn.

This idea that ‘working people’ all share the same thought processes is clearly nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Looking across from the LUAS at Heuston to a lad sleeping on a bench under a cheap duvet.

That's homeless. Where's his series of fawning news articles????
    TD's only care about homeless males dying when they die near the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

The media really needs to be taken to task for the free ride Ms Cash and her story was given.
    Very little if any "journalism research" happened.

It's a disgrace that she is now living it up in a 3bed at the expense of the taxpayer. This country has it's priorities arseways.

Ordinary hard working taxpayers are being made fools of. It's sickening,working to pay for her messed up lifestyle.

7kids at 28. Gimme a fcuking break. Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    On top of that you have idiots saying ‘if you don’t like paying taxes that pay for her mess, leave the country’. It’s nuts.

In other words if you don’t like contributing to my gimme gimme gimme lifestyle some other idiot will pick up my tab on your behalf. Now be good little boys and girls and get out there to earn your money to pay for my self entitled lifestyle while I sit around drinking Dutch gold and admiring my Waterford crystal

Does that sound about right?

What mental gymnastics do you need? Other people who aren’t you, have different priorities to yours. You’re overestimating the value of your opinion if you think anyone other than yourself actually gives a damn.

This idea that ‘working people’ all share the same thought processes is clearly nonsense.

Well, it's interesting because since this case came around I've been asking people what they thought about the situation, once the details about her personal status were revealed. Not simply relying on the mainstream media story for details that is.

Anyway, I've yet to hear of anyone applauding her life choices, or decision to behave this way. I have heard alot of sympathy for the children, and comments about how children don't get to choose their parents, but nothing about Cash being a hero for behaving the way she has.

Now, I get that there will be people who will support Cash in this regardless of what other people say... That's reflected quite well here on boards. Still, I was rather impressed at the lack of sympathy for Cash herself, and the belief that this kind of behavior needs to be harshly stopped to prevent others from thinking they can do the same. Preferably before people rush off to have 5+ children that they can't afford to support...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I'm glad this families problems are over for now and they've been housed.

No, they'll never be satisfied as their sense of entitlement must now be fairly unquenchable, given the free ride theyve been given thanks to official Ireland.

Speaking of the media - lads, ye want to swerve page 9 of the Mirror today.

Might as well say "Paid for by the right to be a waster campaign"- except it was done laughably in the name of "journalism".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

tintin67 wrote: »
    Hopefully this 3 bedroom apartment in Dublin city centre is only being offered on a month-by-month basis because the council are looking to buy a 5 bedroom house for her in Foxrock as close to her new best pal Miriam O'Callaghan as possible, preferably right next door. It would be delicious.

This would be brilliant. We should setup the #cashnexttomiriambbfs. Might wipe the preening smile off her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

For me, the real villain in this is the media and the lack of research or care they put into their articles

They need to be called out on this bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Melendez wrote: »
    We are on surprisingly close to common ground there.

I just feel the cowardly people who sneer, jeer and leer at her and her kids from the safety of anonymity are far lower down the food chain as human beings.

Your'd be stupid to do it to their face. Probably end up in high dependency

• Registered Users Posts: 12,403 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Speaking of the media - lads, ye want to swerve page 9 of the Mirror today.

Might as well say "Paid for by the right to be a waster campaign"- except it was done laughably in the name of "journalism".

You can't go posting that teaser without the entire article quoted or linked!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

But the childer have no place to play and me and Paddy need our privacy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm glad this families problems are over for now and they've been housed.

Sarcasm at it's best.......

Wonderful country we live in.

Mad to think it's a tiny island and that the small amount of people working can keep paying the way of spongers.

I fully understand working people is well over a million but how can we keep footing the bill for leaches like this cash family.

Love to know how many siblings she has etc and how many free homes they all have.

If you look at how it is now she has a home forever..... 7 kids will then be able to get a free home each also and don't forget the father of these is at the moment living it up in cloverhill and when he is out will also be housed unless he plans on moving in with the wife.

It seems to me the travellers are only interested in free money, blaming us tax paying fool's for everything and they can't live the way they do and must be housed.

Brings me back to the fire at the haulting site in kilternan and how it was the council's fault and everybody else's but those that lived there and filled the site with sh1te....

Come on have a little decency to respect the hand that feeds you and stop using the now race card they keep throwing also and they are being discriminated against.....

Yada yada yada yada yada.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

SirChenjin wrote: »
    +1 to every word of this post. It has become an industry, and the word 'homeless' has become almost meaningless in the process.
    First we had Erica Fleming and her 'forever home' requirements, and now this.
    It does a disservice to all in our society who actually need help, and who are working hard but often barely able to make ends meet.

And it is abhorrent, to me and indeed to many others that a young woman (and she is far from alone in doing this) rakes in an extremely generous amount of money per week/ month/ year without ever having contributed in any way, shape or form to the pot from which that money seemingly endlessly flows.

I don't know what the solution is. I don't believe anyone in the Dail will be brave enough to take on this issue and highlight it for what it is. An absolute disgrace.

Two of the best posts on this thread, it’s all about the media trying to sell a story and people keeping their own pay pack in order by making big stories out of homeless people. This must be very hard on honest people who are in need of housing to see this one getting so much attention and the poor person fighting the system for fair play for their family.
    Who is the winner here? miss cash and the media and the wasters above in the dail who latch on to these stories and do nothing only take a big wage them self.

• Advertisement

You can't go posting that teaser without the entire article quoted or linked!

Sorry - was on phone on LUAS!!!

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/margaret-cash-homeless-mum-dublin-13090662

It's somehow worse in print!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

"Some of them even work" says Cash, (aghast at the idea of working to provide for her family)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

No, they'll never be satisfied as their sense of entitlement must now be fairly unquenchable, given the free ride theyve been given thanks to official Ireland.
    Well she's not happy that the house she has been given as they arent beside family and friends and she ultimately wants a house in Tallaght.....so there's that.

This "homeless/housing crisis", is there any data on those claiming homelessness, i.e what percentage have worked in their lives, how may kids do they have and how many after registering for a "forever home"?
    There are too many vested interests in scrummy private charities keeping this in the media and looking for more handouts from the government to keep their 100k Euro a year CEOs in jobs.
    Why aren't figures being published? What are they hiding? The problem cant be solved if there's a lack of data on how many are gaming the system vs how many are actually homeless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

2 weeks in santa ponsa in September. Whats the betting.

2 weeks in santa ponsa in September. Whats the betting.

I'd say she can afford the Maldives but "the optics" you know ???

Sorry - was on phone on LUAS!!!

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/margaret-cash-homeless-mum-dublin-13090662

It's somehow worse in print!!!!

Mirriam has gone way down in my estimation after that.

What about oeople who work Miriam and struggle because of parasitic carry on? What the fxxk about us?

Its not the last time some of those kids will sleep in a garda station I bet.

What about oeople who work Miriam and struggle because of parasitic carry on? What the fxxk about us?

Apparently according to some quarters we are nothing special because:
    1. We have some free time to have the audacity to watch a box set at the weekend and so we could be working harder;
    2. If we don't like it we can emigrate;
    3. She's "working full time" with the seven kids (so far);
    4. Dell and Pfizer pay more tax that a worker on 40k so we should shut up as we contribute nothing relatively speaking;
    5. A million working people pay no income tax (forgetting that means they're doing a working week for a pittance - but getting off their arses. Should be lauded not slagged off;
    6. And them some guff about "rights" - I tend to tune out at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

What about oeople who work Miriam and struggle because of parasitic carry on? What the fxxk about us?[/QUOTE

I don’t think Miriam gives a damn about the plight of workers in this country. She’s completely out of touch as she doesn’t pay the high rate of tax anyway.

• Advertisement

tom1ie wrote: »

What about oeople who work Miriam and struggle because of parasitic carry on? What the fxxk about us?[/QUOTE

I don’t think Miriam gives a damn about the plight of workers in this country. She’s completely out of touch as she doesn’t pay the high rate of tax anyway.

She doesn't ??? How come ??

I bleeding do and she's on a touch more I'd say!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement