Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Just seen one for Virgin Media, a bunch of young kids singing Starships Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now. Annoying get doesn't even begin to describe it.
    It has made me hate the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Jesus that (yet another) beardy muppet eating like a savage on the Lidl ad does my head in...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

It has made me hate the song.

It's pretty easy to hate that song, tbf.

Was used in a Tayto crisps advert a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

He remembers the old pre-Kraft takeover taste too well. :(

I think you can still get an Irish Cadbury's bar, lots are now imported, but then you find one :)

Speaking of bad song covers, why is it David Bowie's 'Heroes' is ALWAYS covered when it comes to charity, or when folks tend to rely on the people they happily criticise (the army, the healthcare system, teachers etc)?

BBC/ Radio 6 have an advert with the song. It's so tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Fair play to Grandad, first question is if it's the one-eyed monster.. :pac::rolleyes:

Terrible advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Suckit wrote: »
    Fair play to Grandad, first question is if it's the one-eyed monster.. :pac::rolleyes:

Terrible advert.

Ah I must be in the minority that thinks it's a lovely ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Anyone see the BOOHOO men ad ?

Don't hate it, makes me laugh !!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Homophobic sh*te deleted (plus replies).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

What's been grinding my gears today, we had one of the UK sat channels on this afternoon, and they are stuffed to the gills with adverts because the American shows are so short.
    To add insult to injury, for at least 3 breaks during the show, every damn advert was for funeral insurance services. Talk about adding insult to injury, yes, I know a lot more older people have been dying as a result of Covid, but do we really need to have the subject stuffed down our throats with the adverts, it's bad enough having to listen to the news, without another feckin reminder during the adverts.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

If I've to see another ad on telly filmed through a phone camera I'll gouge my eyes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    If I've to see another ad on telly filmed through a phone camera I'll gouge my eyes out.

Oh Jesus yes.

And the "in other news" slots, someone doing mad stuff in lockdown. Give me strength.

LiquidZeb wrote: »

And they always shoot in 'portrait' mode, never in landscape mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Just seen one for Virgin Media, a bunch of young kids singing Starships Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now. Annoying get doesn't even begin to describe it.

This. Drives me absolutely nuts. It's not in any way clever or original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Really getting annoyed by that UK bank that's doing these "heartfelt" ads often with them rhyming in regards to the covid. You know the ones with their "in six months our love will be stronger than steel" cringe fest

There's one in particular of this woman with her "how's your head? How's your family? What about mum we are really missing her"

As if the ****in bank gives two ****s if covid was over in teh morning and "mum" was one payment late with her mortgage they'd **** her out onto the street

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

That Tesco "New Normal" ad is getting on my tits at the moment.

In fact all of the corporate covid ones and the filler RTE ones (because they can't sell all their slots) are brutal.

Really getting annoyed by that UK bank that's doing these "heartfelt" ads often with them rhyming in regards to the covid. You know the ones with their "in six months our love will be stronger than steel" cringe fest

There's one in particular of this woman with her "how's your head? How's your family? What about mum we are really missing her"

As if the ****in bank gives two ****s if covid was over in teh morning and "mum" was one payment late with her mortgage they'd **** her out onto the street

I noticed it was a bit of a long standing trend in ads for banks, building societies and insurers where they have some cosy music playing while they whisper sweet nothings into your ear, praying you've forgotten about 2008 the way the Allen's pray Tim's photo gallery is no longer thought of amongst the public.

That Tesco "New Normal" ad is getting on my tits at the moment.

In fact all of the corporate covid ones and the filler RTE ones (because they can't sell all their slots) are brutal.

My personal least favorite is the this is/isn't us ad. You just know some gob****e in marketing thinks he's some sort of poet for that contrived, mewningless, orwellian scutter.

Whoever is responsible for coining this term 'The New Normal' should be punched in the face repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Whoever is responsible for coining this term 'The New Normal' should be punched in the face repeatedly.

Making two black eyes his "new normal"...

• Advertisement

Which advert is it that's literally trying to get people's blood boiling? The Roy Keane Saipan thing? Check. The Thierry Henry handball incident? Check. (Left out the bit where John Delaney took 5 milliion euros from Fifa to shutup).

Ah but we'll include Bill O'Herlihy at the end, to make it seem sweet...
    Get lost.

Weaponising nostalgia, whilst trying to get the vitriol going...get lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Is this a guessing game? I'll start with that self-appointed "best mate" of bettors Paddy Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Oh yeah. And pelted with balls of ****e. Not his own ****e. Someone else's ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Every company has to have a trendy Covid ad these days that are all CRAP.

The Vodafone ones are the worst. The one with the alarm going off at the start of it and now the one with the annoying kids singing nothings gonna stop us now into their camera phones. Oh and the poxy Aldi Covid family.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

and the filler RTE ones (because they can't sell all their slots) are brutal.

Why can't they stick on an extra programme or two instead of fooking ads advertising how "fun" this sh1tty time is?

Caught a look at the Vodafone montage of lockdown forced fun. Stuff that.

Duvetdays wrote: »
    Every company has to have a trendy Covid ad these days that are all CRAP.

The Vodafone ones are the worst. The one with the alarm going off at the start of it and now the one with the annoying kids singing nothings gonna stop us now into their camera phones. Oh and the poxy Aldi Covid family.

Worse than the Billie Barry kids

Worse than the Billie Barry kids

It's not Vodafone, it's Virgin Broadband.
    Suckit wrote: »

Terrible advert.

I think I noticed why it's so s***... the kid's clearly reading the lines off of a cue card. If you follow. Watch his eyes, they're clearly reading his lines.
    Makes it very uncomfortable to watch

It's not Vodafone, it's Virgin Broadband.

They failed miserably there so because I too though it was for Vodafone having seen it countless times now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The GreenAware ad with the 2 pandas talking. Soo f*cking annoying and grating on the nerves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

That new ad from Irish Water, urging us to conserve water, at the end of the ad she comes over all coy and embarrassed sounding when she says "and take shorter showers" Utterly contrived and nauseating.

Advertisement