Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

KCross wrote: »
    The main reason for that would be the increased usage to heat/cool the cabin when you initially start up.

If you turned off AC and heating you should get better efficiency on the slower trips.

I'd say that's the main reason for my efficiency. I rarely use AC in summer.
    ELM327 wrote: »
    What's the km per gallon e equivalent?

A Queen's gallon or a President's gallon? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

Does anyone have experience of using a bike rack with an Ioniq? I'm looking to buy my first EV, the Ioniq is the one i want but carrying bikes is essential.
    I have a saris bones but it looks like it would be pulling on the glass of the boot. One roofboxbox.co.uk site says that the Ioniq is not suitable for rear mounted carriers.
    It looks like the BEV ioniq can't take a tow hitch either?
    And i would have thought that a roof rack with 2 bikes on top would just kill the range?
    Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭adunis

Towbar is no problem,it's just the car isn't type approved for towing.
    Have a look on Witter or brink etc websites.

adunis wrote: »
    Towbar is no problem,it's just the car isn't type approved for towing.
    Have a look on Witter or brink etc websites.

thanks for the reply, but...

thats not what i'm reading elsewhere though - concerns about weight on rear hitch given the distribution of weight of batteries in the car. Hyundai do not approve the fitting of towbars to the ionq
    ioniqforum.com/threads/bicycle-rack.3049/page-10

i will make a few calls to tow bar places and see what gets said.
    i'm kind of gutted tbh, i had an ioniq lined up but this is a deal breaker.

Put the bikes on the roof?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

thats not what i'm reading elsewhere though - concerns about weight on rear hitch given the distribution of weight of batteries in the car. Hyundai do not approve the fitting of towbars to the ionq

Insurance implications perhaps if towbar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Had my best return from the battery so far today, 180km using 70% battery!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

baldshin wrote: »
    Had my best return from the battery so far today, 180km using 70% battery!

What kinda driving speeds
    and did theGom predict 180km, ie , was it accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'd go out on a limb and say that is a blanket thing to void off anyone actually towing.

In your case you'd be putting on some lightweight bikes. Frankly I'd put one on. And take it off come sale time.

You'd carry more weight in the boot space thank youd get on your hitch with the bikes.

k123456 wrote: »
    What kinda driving speeds
    and did theGom predict 180km, ie , was it accurate

Average speed around 80, pretty much all around Connemara on windy roads. GOM started at 180. Car usually returns a much lower rate as my fiance uses it at 120km motorway driving for 100km a day with Aircon and everything else on I'd say!

• Advertisement

IONIQ BEV TOWBAR
    (And bike rack)

https://www.mvg-ahk.de/en/Towbars-mvg/HYUNDAI/Ioniq/Ioniq-Hybrid-Plug-in-Hybrid-2016/Mounting-for-rear-cycle-carriers-mvg.html

Yes it does bolt onto the electric car,download the link on the website for the fitting manual,
    Look closely and you'll see a cup welded around the ball to prevent use with a trailer.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

When I was last there I asked why they are the only Ikea in Ireland or the UK without a charger (dunno if that's true or not :P). The lady on the customer service desk made a few phone calls and couldn't come up with an answer. She did say that one guy she phoned will bring the matter higher.

Maybe if all EV drivers visiting did the same they would start to take it seriously.

Google found this when I searched "IKEA Dublin car charger". I've got low hopes anything has been installed since. I've messaged them anyways.

Others can do the same here (after a few clicks):
    https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/customer-service/contact-us/

adunis wrote: »
    IONIQ BEV TOWBAR
    (And bike rack)

Yes it does bolt onto the electric car,download the link on the website for the fitting manual,
    Look closely and you'll see a cup welded around the ball to prevent use with a trailer.

Thanks a million for that, really appreciated.

As for putting bikes on the roof as Unkle suggested, is any one else out there using a roof rack - how do they impact on the efficiency and are they ok to fit?

First full electricity bill since getting the car, €180. That's with about 3500km done, almost all home charging, plus I work from home so electricity usage would be higher because of that. Delighted, plus I've still to get us changed over to the night rate.

Google found this when I searched "IKEA Dublin car charger". I've got low hopes anything has been installed since. I've messaged them anyways.

Others can do the same here (after a few clicks):
    https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/customer-service/contact-us/

Got a reply.
    Thank you for your email.

I'm afraid that at the present time, there are no electric car charging points at our Dublin stores, and we do not have any firm dates for when these may be installed.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused. If you require any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Got a reply.

Disappointing

Well, that's about a year and a half ago that I brought it up at the customer service desk, so they've no intention of doing anything I would say.:mad:

More pressure needed!

Well, that's about a year and a half ago that I brought it up at the customer service desk, so they've no intention of doing anything I would say.:mad:

More pressure needed!

Might use a few random email addresses over the next few months and randomly email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I contaced IKEA in 2012 suggesting to put there a charging point for EVs. No response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

deegs wrote: »
    Here you go

Hey folks thinking of ditching the cork-limerick commute and moving here altogether.
    Any idea what my 191 black wrapped white ioniq with 29k km is worth?

deegs wrote: »
    Hey folks thinking of ditching the cork-limerick commute and moving here altogether.
    Any idea what my 191 black wrapped white ioniq with 29k km is worth?

26-27?

• Advertisement

Some people bought their brand new 191 white Ioniqs for €26k on the road. Amazing that you should be able to sell your second hand car now privately for around the same money :D

That said, would you not just keep it, deegs? The car costs virtually nothing to own once you have bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

unkel wrote: »
    Some people bought their brand new 191 white Ioniqs for €26k on the road.
    €26k after a trade in surely? I purchased one this year and even the paddy spec was well above €26k straight sale

beanian wrote: »
    €26k after a trade in surely?

Nope. Incredibly there was a scrappage deal going on for a few weeks in some dealers at the start of the year. People got €4k scrappage for somtimes a wortless old banger, so they paid €26k on the road

And there is no paddy spec Ioniq EV! All Irish cars are the Premium spec. Which is a pretty good spec.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

beanian wrote: »
    €26k after a trade in surely? I purchased one this year and even the paddy spec was well above €26k straight sale

Yeah, on the road price is 31k, you need scrappage or trade in to get any less than that. Mine cost 27k after scrappage, I think it might have been possible to get 26k if you went for the white model as I think it's a grand or so cheaper.

Thanks a million for that, really appreciated.

As for putting bikes on the roof as Unkle suggested, is any one else out there using a roof rack - how do they impact on the efficiency and are they ok to fit?

Ended up letting it go. Didn’t want the hassle of fitting a tow bar or being stuck with an ugly roof rack on what would be the most expensive car I ever bought. Looks like an egolf or leaf40 for me. Thanks for the info though everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

So anyone here ever had the motor replaced in their Ioniq, or heard of a case where a motor was replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Kramer wrote: »
    So anyone here ever had the motor replaced in their Ioniq, or heard of a case where a motor was replaced?

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Kramer wrote: »

I've probably read everything ever written about the Ioniq at this stage and I haven't heard anything about a motor being replaced. At the end of the day though, it's still a car, and things break occasionally, but that's what the 5 year warranty is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I've probably read everything ever written about the Ioniq at this stage and I haven't heard anything about a motor being replaced. At the end of the day though, it's still a car, and things break occasionally, but that's what the 5 year warranty is for.
    Is it not 8 years on battery/drivetrain

• Advertisement

Hello ?,it's an electric motor it's got 2 moving parts and a simple reduction box& diff maybe 20 parts what are the odds ?.
    I would worry about
    Normal car stuff ie onsumables
    A/c system
    Inverters
    Chargers
    Batteries
    In that order ie all the high power stuff.
    Just like ANY other electric car.
    The only instance of motor "failure" I'm aware of is very early q90 Zoe's and that was just noisy bearings all swapped out without any drama.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement